Kamaka, KoAloha, Kanilea Tenor Black Friday Blowout TEASER THREAD! 4, 6, & 8 Strings!

experimentjon

Reaction score
Kamaka, KoAloha, Kanilea Tenor Black Friday Blowout TEASER THREAD! 4, 6, & 8 Strings!

Now updated with full descriptions. Please see: http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/f...rs-and-Sopranos-Blowout!-Free-Shipping-to-USA!

Please PM me if you'd like one! I'll answer any questions you have, since I haven't posted full descriptions yet. Claim the one you want before I list them on Craigslist! Also taking reasonable offers. Will consider partial trades (plus cash on my side) for Rolex/Omega/Longines/JLC watches, USA-made knives, or other items of value. Let me know!

Well, looks like I’m going to be unemployed from January 2012 to August 2012, so I am selling the vast majority of my toys. And as you will see when I do post the FS thread, it’s a SERIOUS liquidation. I’m only keeping the ones closest to my heart.

But before you start feeling bad for me, know that this unemployment is by choice. I’m graduating from the University of Hawaii with a BBA in Finance, Accounting and International Business at the end of the next semester. And I will be spending my last semester taking four courses and studying for the CFA and CPA examinations. Anyone in the industry knows how much time is needed to study for these exams…so my preparation for them will sadly preclude me from working. Meanwhile, I just signed an offer letter to start working at a Big4 accounting firm starting in Fall 2012. In short, I will be facing a drought of income during the interim period…and need to build a cash buffer.

I much prefer local sales in cash because shipping ukes is a pain, from finding a box, to lugging it to the post office. However, if there is interest, I am willing to ship to the continental US as well. Priority shipping, fully insured, will be an additional ~$75 for any of the instruments here. I will take Paypal or Postal Money Order. If paying with Paypal, please add 3.5% to cover the fee.

The following post is a quick teaser of the instruments until I post full descriptions. All the pics are available for viewing here:
http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e308/Experiment_Jon/Unemployment 2012 Sale/#!cpZZ4QQtppZZ20

Kamaka 8 String Tenor Ukulele: $1145
Very nice, scratch by the soundhole, worth clears, great instrument! Includes spare set of Worth Strings.
P1100679.jpg

Kamaka 6 String Tenor Ukulele: $1045

Good condition, minor wear from play. Includes spare set of Worth Strings.
P1100765.jpg

Kamaka HF3 Tenor Ukulele: $945
Cosmetic ding on the bottom; see pictures. Does not affect the sound. Strung with DAddario J71s like Aldrine in the old days.
P1100670.jpg

Kamaka Soprano Ukulele: $645

Played, but in relatively good condition. See the pictures to see some of the finish issues on the back of the uke. Strummed it a bit today, sounds gorgeous. So classic!
P1100773.jpg

All instruments will include the pictured case. Keep in mind that this is just a quick teaser until I post the full descriptions. But I welcome early commitments to buy, followed by prompt payment. I have sold several K-brand ukuleles here before.

Again, all the pics are available for viewing here:
http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e308/Experiment_Jon/Unemployment 2012 Sale/#!cpZZ4QQtppZZ20 The guitars pictured are also available for a local sale...if ukuleles are difficult to ship, guitars are even worse.

Please PM me if you are genuinely interested in one of these. Otherwise, I welcome your comments here, and the full descriptions will be out when I get a chance. Thanks!

-Jon

Last edited:
Broken up due to 4-pics/post rule.

Kanilea Soundmonster Tenor Ukulele: $795 SOLD!!!! THANKS UU!
Like New: Only played for a total of about three hours.
P1100703.jpg

G-String Tenor with Fishman Acoustic Matrix Pickup: $745

Finish checking, has been played extensively
P1100796.jpg

KoAloha Tenor with Fishman Matrix Infinity Pickup: $995

Like new. Not a factory second. Barely played this one.
P1100687.jpg

KoAloha Superconcert Ukulele Crown Bridge: $895 SOLD!! Thanks!!!
Great condition! Factory second, satin neck, beautiful crown bridge.
P1100695.jpg

Again, please PM me if you are genuinely interested in one of these instruments, and it can be yours. I welcome all comments here in this thread.

Last edited:
wow Jon, would love to know which ones are 'closest to your heart'!!! That is a seriously tasty stash right there...sheesh...where's that medication again...I'm-a comin over all woozy...consider me well and truly teased! :drool:

wow Jon, would love to know which ones are 'closest to your heart'!!! That is a seriously tasty stash right there...sheesh...where's that medication again...I'm-a comin over all woozy...consider me well and truly teased! :drool:
Keepers: KoAloha Sceptre, KoAloha Pineapple Sunday, Kanilea Tenor Gloss. All have Fishman Acoustic Matrix Infinity Pickups. As for guitars I'm keeping: Fender Strat American Deluxe, Gibson Les Paul Traditional Plus, Rainsong OM1000, Taylor 812. Pretty much everything else is going. (The cheap ones that made no sense to list here and ship will be listed on local craigslist when I get around to it...so busy around the end of the semester right now!) Sadly, no time to enjoy these anyway. Most of these ukes listed here have been played for less than 30 minutes each in the last 6 months...some didn't even come out of the case until I took the pics. That's just embarrassing to say. But there's simply no time with work/school/extracurriculars.

Do you live outside of the USA Jon?
Nope. Honolulu, HI. Sadly, there is no flat rate postage available for ukuleles...knives and watches (my other hobbies) are so much easier to sell and ship. Haha.

Aloha Jon,
Any kama aina prices for repeat customers??? ha ha No martin LXI eh... jus wondering...how you doing..

Lucky for me that I live internationally so I can't even consider purchasing these.

Sometimes, its good to be away from temptation.

I hope all you locals have to take dizzyness pills.

Jon, I must have missed something ... I take it you did sell that 2003 KoAloha String-Thru Tenor back in June.
Unfortunately, I was a bit late to the Marketplace and, I've regretted it ever since.
If I'm wrong, which would be great, I would be seriously interested in making the deal.
Thanks, and good luck with the "Blowout" ...

Beautiful collection, Jon Difficult to part with, yes. You're keeping some really nice ones though.

Congrats on your offer of employment in August of 2012. Your last semester will surely be super busy with taking four courses and studying for the CPA and CFA exams. Your future looks bright!:)

That's what I was thinking. This right here is one phenomenal collection of ukes.

Brah, fo real or wot?

Last edited:
Kanilea Tenor was sold in a flash! I'll package that one up this weekend and ship it out on Monday. Thank you to the buyer! :)

Brah, fo real or wot?

Yessir. No time for these instruments...they hold their value extraordinarily well, but I can invest the cash anyway. And if I'm not enjoying the instruments, at least someone else can. :)

Aloha Jon,
Any kama aina prices for repeat customers??? ha ha No martin LXI eh... jus wondering...how you doing..

Kamaaina do get to forego shipping and paypal fees, which admittedly are quite steep. But apparently, the extra cost doesn't really deter sales, since these instruments are much harder to come across on the mainland.

Jon, I must have missed something ... I take it you did sell that 2003 KoAloha String-Thru Tenor back in June.
Unfortunately, I was a bit late to the Marketplace and, I've regretted it ever since.
If I'm wrong, which would be great, I would be seriously interested in making the deal.
Thanks, and good luck with the "Blowout" ...

Yup, that one was sold quickly and smoothly to a med school student on the East Coast, IIRC. My best friend from middle school is finally coming home this xmas break for the first time in a year, so he's getting my third KoAloha tenor which isn't pictured here, with a crown bridge too. He's been hunting for that one for a long time.

I guess timing is everything . . . I picked up an HF-3 couple months ago. Had I known . . . That Kamaka 8 looking sweet, damn!

Hope you pass the CFA and work on Wall Street like your avatar...CFA is limiting vs. CPA & MBA

Pictures updated for the Kamakas that didn't have pictures earlier. Full descriptions probably won't be available for a while since I've got to work on some other stuff for the rest of the week. But, feel free to PM me if you're interested in buying any based on the pictures. And if you're really interested and want to talk over the phone about buying one, PM me your number and I'll give you a call, since chatting on the phone is probably faster than me typing out answers. (Haven't quite trained my "Dragon" to do uke specific terms yet.)

Hope you pass the CFA and work on Wall Street like your avatar...CFA is limiting vs. CPA & MBA

As for the MBA, perhaps...if one day I find that it's a worthwhile investment to go to Wharton or HBS, I'll go and get that MBA. I always wanted one from a top school, since I just went to UH Manoa for undergrad (still a good program, and I've had amazing opportunities there, and learned a lot.) But the MBA is a lot of "ifs": if I get accepted, if I have the money for it, if there's a good ROI. We shall see. :)

As for the MBA, perhaps...if one day I find that it's a worthwhile investment to go to Wharton or HBS, I'll go and get that MBA. I always wanted one from a top school, since I just went to UH Manoa for undergrad (still a good program, and I've had amazing opportunities there, and learned a lot.) But the MBA is a lot of "ifs": if I get accepted, if I have the money for it, if there's a good ROI. We shall see. :)

ROI is very important!! My cousin and wife were thinking about HBS as he has a CFA and works in IB and she has a successful job placement company. They have both been on CNN. Anyways, they decided not to do it as they were so successful that ROI would be more for status and saying they got one.

BUMP b/c these are actually for sale. Full listings coming...mid December. But if you want the buy one before they go on Craigslist, PM me.

Top Bottom