"That's My Weakness Now"

H

Hippie Dribble

1928. Sam H. Stept and Bud Green.

classic hit for Helen Kane and the incomparable Cliff Edwards.

oh, I wasn't punched in the nose he he...the mark on the ol' honker is powder from the stamen of one of the lilliums in the bunch...a residue of the first dud take I did LOL!!! It's flower season here now and these are the first of the harvest from our farm, which runs through until February. The other gorgeous things in the vase are proteas, which pretty much flower all year.

aah, the sweet aroma of love!!! Thanks for watching :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L9ZN9J5y88

Wow...loved it mate...sounds like an awesome tune..and much reflects what going on now..eh...I have one of those papa san chairs you are sitting in...he he
and protea's grow good here in Hawaii too..nice flowers in the vase...betcha I know where they came from..hmmm mahalo Bruddah

Heck yeah! Fantastic. My wife says it is lovely as well.

Loved it. Very happy. Where do you find these songs. I have never heard this one.

Very fun toe tapper, Jon! What a great way to wake up in the morning.

This is making my day. and probably will for a long time. You did that one just the way it oughta be done mate- great great great video of one of my favorite tunes

thankyou everyone, it sure is a fun song to play! Cheers
:cheers:

Wahoo! Lots of infectious enthusiasm. Great job.

Loved it. Very happy. Where do you find these songs. I have never heard this one.

Roxie, I have a record by Cliff Edwards (Ukulele Ike) called 'Singin' In the Rain' which has 25 wonderful cuts he made between 1924 and 1942, I found it there when I bought the album a few years ago. If you'd like to hear more of the great man, TCK did an awesome podcast of his music a few weeks back and posted it here...I'll just see if I can find it for you...here 'tis

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/f...-Ike)&highlight=cliff+edwards+ukulele+podcast

awesome session hosted by the one and only Cloverdale Kid. Pretty much all his well known and loved songs you'll find herein. One for the ages...

:)

thanks Luc, Jack and Gavin!

Must confess Gav, I haven't got any sheet music for it...just seemed to work with those simple chords I used. But knowing what the right ones are would be a bonus for sure!!! :eek: And no, I haven't seen all the alternate verses, that'd be a hoot to do a male/female call and response version...hmmmm...I'll have to see whether Eugenie is up for it.

She did mention the other day she'd like to have a go at 'Shady Grove' with me, which'd be awesome fun...I'll keep working on her he he :)

I would love a crack at that if you would not mind sending it my way as well Mr. Donut:)
Hee! That's one of my favourite Cliff Edwards tunes! I've got the chords for it from Ian Chadwick - There are lots of alternative verses for male and female parts - have you seen it?

I like it the way you've done it though - the Cliff Edwards way. Damn he had some good tunes!

:)

Top Bottom