Follow UU on Twitter!

rayan

Ukulele Underground Staff
UU+
Reaction score
I guess this gives me a good reason to start my Twitter account! LOL

can you guys send out aldrines performance dates?

I have no idea how twitter works...is it supposed to send sms texts to your phone every time someone youre following updates their status? B/c mine doesn't seem to be doing that even though I have connected my phone to my account.

any chance we can get lesson reminders via twitter too?

Edit: nevermind...they were there, and my phone was just being retarded.

Last edited:
I have no idea how twitter works...is it supposed to send sms texts to your phone every time someone youre following updates their status? B/c mine doesn't seem to be doing that even though I have connected my phone to my account.

It can do that if you want it too, but be careful, you can get a LOT of messages that way. I only turn on device updates when traveling.

Should we have a thread for users to post their twitter info?

It can do that if you want it too, but be careful, you can get a LOT of messages that way. I only turn on device updates when traveling.

Should we have a thread for users to post their twitter info?

Well, I have only turned them on for CNN and for UU, and for my close friends. (I have an unlimited texting plan, so I'm good costwise. :)) But I def would not turn it on for Guy Kawasaki. That'd by SMS suicide.

What is twitter, and why do I need it if I already visit here?

Probably just more advertising.

What is twitter, and why do I need it if I already visit here?
Online social masturbation. (You have to use it to understand this definition.) I used it for a year and then quit while I still had partial vision.

You shouldn't need it if UU set it up properly...a twitter feed can be displayed on a web site. The way they seem to be using it, however, you'll need an account if you want to participate in any of the giveaways and promotions. Personally I think it's a poor decision to make it mandatory...it will alienate a good percentage of members who aren't twitter users and don't want to become one. (Twitter users always assume that either everyone else is already using twitter or will want to when they find out about it.)

Last edited:
Online social masturbation. (You have to use it to understand this definition.) I used it for a year and then quit while I still had partial vision.

You shouldn't need it if UU set up properly...a twitter feed can be displayed on a web site. The way it sounds like they're setting it up, however, you'll need an account if you want to participate in any of the giveaways and promotions. Personally I think it's a poor decision to make it mandatory...it will alienate a good percentage of members who aren't a twitter user and don't want to become one. (Twitter users always assume that either everyone else is already using twitter or will want to when they find out about it.)

We've never ever said it was mandatory. We use it to update people when we do live streams or lessons and when we have new content. If we run a contest or giveaway, we put it out on twitter but its not like we don't put it up on the site at the same time. The whole point of following is that you want to be updating at the exact moment anything is happening on UU. We know that everyone has busy lives so we offer this method of keeping in touch if you happen to be doing something else and are not on the website. The people that choose to follow us WANT to be notified if anything is happening. That the point of following. Embedding a twitter feed on the main page is redundant because everything we post on twitter LINKS TO UU.

To say that it's not fair or alienating is ridiculous. It's not required to do anything on UU. If you don't want to sign up, don't sign up.

We've never ever said it was mandatory.
Sorry, your first post in this thread made it sound as though you were only posting giveaway and coupon announcements to twitter.

To say that it's not fair or alienating is ridiculous. It's not required to do anything on UU. If you don't want to sign up, don't sign up.
Again, my misunderstanding and I apologize. I have to learn not to post when I'm having a crappy day.

I'm worried by Twitter. I'm owrried about how much I use it ... but then I look at Phil Jupitus and Stephen Fry and realise I don't use it half as much as I should.

cheesed off

This twit thing. Sorry, but you've managed to lose a loyal follower of the live lessons. Sorry.

It was bad enough when I tried ustream. Now you've gone toooooooo far.:mad:

Uh.. what the hell are you talking about? Haha some serious wierdos in this thread.

Quote from Rayan...

we put it out on twitter but its not like we don't put it up on the site at the same time.

The live lessons are announced on the main site, the forums.. plus they're the same time every week. YOU AREN'T REQUIRED TO USE TWITTER IN ANY WAY TO ENJOY UU.

I don't mean to be rude... but it's like someone comes up to you, offering you something completely free. You can accept, or not. But you don't slap the guy in the face.

Last edited:
Top Bottom