need help to improve

Your uke playing is fine...

but you need another pair of lungs, brah.:) just kidding.

or stay away from love songs....

Just sing louder. Don't be afraid of blasting out your voice. From what I'm hearing, you probably speak softly too. Use them lungs you got. Breath in deeply and just let it out.

Your singing needs to be louder then your ukulele playing.

It's o.k. to wake up the neighborhood.:nana:

I didn't think your voice sucked.

But hey, if you want to improve, then how about taking voice lessons? A good teacher can make a difference, even if you only do a few lessons.

"Breathing from your diaphragm" can mean a lot of things to a lot of people. My old high school choir teacher used to have us make sure we didn’t move our shoulders when we breathed in. Another teacher had me think of my lungs/chest/diaphragm as a pair of bellows—you expand out to the sides when taking in air instead of “puffing out” your chest forward.

Point being, a good teacher will help you refine your breathing technique in a way that works for you. They'll also work on things like positioning your voice within your head for the best tone.

JJ

dude, are you kidding me? your cover of your body is a wonderland was fine. If I could sing like that i probably wouldn't shut up...but i sing very very poorly.

and do you have tabs for your silent night solo?

ic hehe..ur right i am soft spoken lols! and myb i jst hav to practice more lols! i try to use my diaphragm..and i think i am i just hav a problem projecting my voice hehe!

Dynamics are what you can work on to improve your songs. That and get a good microphone and mixing board. Your tone is fine and your voice is good. You have good control. Keep singing and work on getting more dynamic with your vocals.

Last edited:
You sing in tune, which is infinitely more important than having a good sounding voice. Your voice will get "better" as you age, anyway.

Top Bottom