PDA

View Full Version : I have noticed that...

Ryan<3Ukes
11-25-2011, 09:42 AM
Wow I've been posting a lot. I really have a lot of things on my mind that I want to talk about. I've noticed that my ukes look better to me than when I first got them. My KPK looked pretty dull when I got it and now I can't stop looking at the grain. Same thing goes for my Kala glossed tenor. It's a laminate tenor with a gloss finish, but when I get into really good light it gets that "hallelujah" effect. And my Kala Ka-15s!!!!! Yeah well my kala soprano is kind of ugly. It looked plain when I got it and it still looks plain now. Most of this is obviously in my crazy brain but share your weird experiences with YOUR ukes.

vanflynn
11-25-2011, 10:14 AM
If it's yours it's pretty. Think of all the folks with ugly kids that brag up their looks!

Ryan<3Ukes
11-25-2011, 11:16 AM
If it's yours it's pretty. Think of all the folks with ugly kids that brag up their looks!

Interesting

Big_e
11-25-2011, 11:25 AM
My ukes tell me that they want a six string tenor for a brother or sister.

vanflynn
11-25-2011, 11:29 AM
Sorry for being cynical. It's been a long Friday. Actually, I have a soprano that I haven't played in a while and I don't know if it's me or some aging but it looks better than I remember it.

Ryan<3Ukes
11-25-2011, 11:35 AM
Sorry for being cynical. It's been a long Friday. Actually, I have a soprano that I haven't played in a while and I don't know if it's me or some aging but it looks better than I remember it.

I actually didn't think of it like that. I was still trying to decide if you were actually being cynical or not >__<

mm stan
11-25-2011, 01:50 PM
How about sound....does it sound better to you over time....my KPK always had good intonation..

PhilUSAFRet
11-25-2011, 01:56 PM
I think if you like a uke, you find reasons to think its pretty!

Ryan<3Ukes
11-25-2011, 01:56 PM
How about sound....does it sound better to you over time....my KPK always had good intonation..

Well yeah. My KPK is still pretty new though. I'm planning on trying to get a kelli koa uke thats used for around $500 but that'll be in about a year. I wanna enjoy my KPK before I get it's big brother brand.