Sad on a Snowy Day..

myrnaukelele

Reaction score
...because I just lost out on the sweetest looking ukulele on eBay. With just 10 seconds to go in the auction. It was so cute~ it was from the 50s. It had beautiful carving on the front (a Hawiian outrigger with two people in it on the bottom and cool carving around the sound hole) and came with a rad cardboard case and one of those plastic things you put on the uke fret board and press down on and it plays a chord (which of course is just for fun~ can't imagine actually using one). Anyway~I coveted that uke (even though it only had a plastic fretboard and no tuning pegs so it would have cost something to get it all set up). And I've been sad all day. I'm going to go play the uke I do have and maybe I'll cheer up. Thanks for reading~ I just needed to get this disappointment off my chest.

Sorry for your ... loss. I feel your pain. That's the thing with Ebay and other auction sites. You get sucked into a specific auction and get excited and worked up because the suspense is just killing you because you're so close to winning ... but then you get outbid just before the auction ends and you end up losing something you really wanted. I know the feeling.

Look on the bright side, there will be many more ukes that come and go that you will have an opportunity to obtain in the future as long as you stay persistent with your search. Chin up!!! Smile! Live for another day!

Aloha!

know the feeling...guess they call it Evil Bay for a reason...someone's joy is always at the expense of someone elses pain

I know how it is to be outbid by sneaky bidders...last week I was going for a uke and the guy had the highest bid for a couple hours..I thought I be sneaky and out bid him at the last 2 seconds..
Guess what...he upped his own bid in the last second by 20 dollars.... I am still shaking my head on that one... ha ha

I know how it is to be outbid by sneaky bidders...last week I was going for a uke and the guy had the highest bid for a couple hours..I thought I be sneaky and out bid him at the last 2 seconds..
Guess what...he upped his own bid in the last second by 20 dollars.... I am still shaking my head on that one... ha ha

haha That is funny. I wish Ebay would post pics of persons finding out bid results. It might be more funny than People of Walmart videos. miight....

I don't know a lot about ebay, but I believe that you can set up your own automatic bidding. Say, if Lovely Ukulele is sitting with a single bid of $50 and you'd be willing to pay $80, you can enter that, but what will show up as a bid will be $51---then if someone bids $52, your automatic bidding will drop in $53...and so on up to your predetermined $80. (That's probably what beat out the OP.) If someone bids $81 at the last second, you've lost, but you don't have to wait with beating heart through the last half hour.

Caveat: I am no expert---I've just read this about ebay bidding! Please check this out on your own. It might save a heart from breaking on a snowy day...

Top Bottom