The Peak of My Collection: K-Brand Tenors Abound (Before I say Goodbye)

experimentjon

Reaction score
I posted a thread a while ago about thinning down my collection. Some were skeptical. And very well they should have been...I ended up picking up a few more ukes since that thread! Haha. Back then, the only thing motivating me to sell was to save for a Rolex (which, as a young punk, I realized I don't want anyway), and for a down payment on a condo (which is so far in the future that it kills me.) But alas, since I'm looking at not working for the next 8 months or so, it's as good a time as any to thin down the collection. And before I do that, I thought I'd share a few shoddily-taken pictures of my collection at its finest. I'll probably look back at these one day and reminisce about the good times with this stable.

I did have more ukes in the past, but sold many of those off too. As you can tell, I favor the tenor neck size. The only concert and soprano scale I kept were Kamakas, just because of the history and my belief that they should be part of every complete collection.

Enjoy the pics. And if you're interested, most are for sale; just check the marketplace. And if you live in Hawaii, some Gibsons and Fenders are up for sale too and I more than welcome face-to-face transactions. More pics available: http://photobucket.com/unemploymentsale2012

P1100794.jpg

KoAlohas: Tenor Bow Tie (Fishman Matrix Infinity), Tenor Sceptre (Fishman Matrix Infinity), Pineapple Sunday (Fishman Matrix Infinity), Tenor Crown Bridge, Superconcert Crown Bridge.
Of these, I'm keeping the Sceptre and Pineapple Sunday. And yes, I know people will ask, but sorry, but the Crown Bridge Tenor is not for sale on UU. It's reserved for a close friend.

P1100793.jpg

Kanileas: UV Tenor (Fishman Matrix Infinity) and Satin Soundmosnster Tenor
The UV finished tenor was the first mid-range ukulele that I ever purchased. Got it from Easy Music Center in Honolulu. I will never part with this one. The Satin Soundmonster has already been purchased by a UU member and paid for.

P1100788.jpg

Kamakas: Soprano, Concert, Tenor, 6 String Tenor, 8 String Tenor
All are fantastic. But of these, I'm only keeping the concert. Back in the white label days, the Kamaka concert was the first high-quality uke that I can remember playing. I traveled with this one to Hong Kong, so it is a special uke to me.

P1100792.jpg

Lots of Tenors. The only one here that hasn't been pictured earlier is the G-String tenor (Fishman Acoustic Matrix). Too bad they don't make these any more. G Strings were good ukes. I played them fondly in high school.

Will I miss these ukes? Yes. Very much...each and every one of them. Will I regret selling them? Perhaps. But the embarrassing fact is that they barely got played anyway because I have such a ridiculous schedule year-round.... (I mean, I'm barely around UU very much any more.) And I'm sort of a hoarder...but ukuleles are meant to be enjoyed. So it'll all end well.

Wow...that's a lot of ukes. You also proved something I'd long suspected—playing the uke can really get a guy leighed.

Screen Shot 2011-11-25 at 7.36.43 PM.jpg

Hahahahaha! That pic was from before I even owned any of the ukes in the picture! I was still playing a Tangi back then...(wonder where I put that uke...I know I wouldn't sell it....) But hey, what works, works. LOL.

Wow...that's a lot of ukes. You also proved something I'd long suspected—playing the uke can really get a guy leighed.

View attachment 30279

Top Bottom