Price on a Gibson 1 uke

ukebuilder

Reaction score
I came across a Gibson and it had been left in a car and the glue that holds the top and back and all the supports has all failed. The neck is still attached but that is it. It is clear to see the glue failed because there is not a scratch on it other than that. Some old guy got rid of it and they did not know what to do with it. What is it worth in its present state. Sorry no pics. He said he thinks it was from the 40's. They said they have about 100.00 in it So I believe he was going to ask 150 to 160 for it. Not sure what they sell for but would be a simple repair. Thanks....

I came across a Gibson and it had been left in a car and the glue that holds the top and back and all the supports has all failed. The neck is still attached but that is it. It is clear to see the glue failed because there is not a scratch on it other than that. Some old guy got rid of it and they did not know what to do with it. What is it worth in its present state. Sorry no pics. He said he thinks it was from the 40's. They said they have about 100.00 in it So I believe he was going to ask 150 to 160 for it. Not sure what they sell for but would be a simple repair. Thanks....

I think saw one for around $250 on musicians friend.

I don't know about Musician's friend but I've been watching them on ebay for the last several months and one in good condition is substantially more than $250, more like in the $4-500 range, but I noticed that none have sold for the last 30 days, so maybe those were asking prices. cheers, g2

The value is VERY much dependent on the year. A 20's style 1 in very good condition will fetch $400-500, but a style one from the 40s is worth a good deal less - about $250-300 in VG to excellent condition. What you're describing is bad and it may never play with that Gibson tone again. You could try selling it for as much as you want and if it doesn't move, drop your price. Keep in mind it will likely need a couple of hundred+ in work, so I don't know that you'd get a lot more than 100 for a 40s uke. Post pics so we can get a better idea of what the damage is and the likely cost of making it playable again.

Top Bottom