Ukes Ukes Ukes

AC Baltimore

Reaction score
The soprano ohana I have had a few weeks, just now getting pics. The monkeypod and acacia came in from mim today. they are AMAZING!!!!! I like the acacia best but love them both. I was not enjoying the aquilas on the MP so after feeding her some lemon oil I put some worth browns on and they sound killer.

koa1.JPGkoa2.jpgmonk1.jpgmonk2.jpgmonk3.JPG

More to come....

The soprano ohana I have had a few weeks, just now getting pics. The monkeypod and acacia came in from mim today. they are AMAZING!!!!! I like the acacia best but love them both. I was not enjoying the aquilas on the MP so after feeding her some lemon oil I put some worth browns on and they sound killer.

View attachment 30295View attachment 30296

View attachment 30297View attachment 30298View attachment 30299

More to come....

that grain pattern looks great on the front.

Thanks guys. It would be scare to death trying to polish them, I will stick with lemon oil lol. The Lanikai is real nice. If I had any beef it would be it has a rather thin neck for as wide as it is. The aquilas imo sounded awful on it but the worths fixed that. It is not a loud uke but such a sweet mellow even tone. Monkeypod appears to be a super porous wood which makes the finish a bit less smooth than the acacia. Having said that I love it to bits. The Kala is just great top to bottom. And Mim is top notch, amazing to buy from. I will be a return customer.

Got to agree Mim is da bess!! Congrats on the new ukes. I was going back and forth between the Lanikai Monkeypod and Zebrawood concerts and really liked them both, the Monkeypod was a bit mellower sounding and I love the brightness of the Zebrawood. I came across a Zebrawood for under $200 and that what I ended up buying. Love the slightly wider neck and the string spacing, but like you said I'm thinking the Aquilas are a bit harsh on it. I have both Freemonts and Worths in my string stash so when I get a few spare minutes I'll have try them on it.

I came so close to getting the zebrawood. In the end I chose the MP because I wanted to buy them from MIM. I think you will enjoy the WB on there if its anything like the MP. The more I play the less I grasp how anyone cane have a "brand" of string. Tones, response and chemistry varies so much from one instrument to another, I do not know that I could have a brand anymore.

Got to agree Mim is da bess!! Congrats on the new ukes. I was going back and forth between the Lanikai Monkeypod and Zebrawood concerts and really liked them both, the Monkeypod was a bit mellower sounding and I love the brightness of the Zebrawood. I came across a Zebrawood for under $200 and that what I ended up buying. Love the slightly wider neck and the string spacing, but like you said I'm thinking the Aquilas are a bit harsh on it. I have both Freemonts and Worths in my string stash so when I get a few spare minutes I'll have try them on it.

Top Bottom