What i want

NoahOathKeeper

Reaction score
I can play a fairly good list of songs . Mostly public domain type stuff , but id really like to take some real lessons so i could really learn all the in's and outs , and to make more beautiful music .I cant find anyone around here that even plays ukulele rather less teaches . I mean just knowing the chords a strum pattern or 2 just don't seam to be enough for me lately if ya feel what im saying . IDK anyhow if yall know anyone not to far from em that dose teach , please hook me up with some info
Thanks yall

Where do you live?

It would be helpful to know where on the planet you live. I have been playing for around 7 months, and have progressed quite nicely by cruising
youtube. Pretty much everything you want to learn on the uke is taught on youtube. Ukulele Mike has the best instructional videos in my opinion. It helps to practice alot. I manage to get at least one to two hours a day dedicated to practice. Good luck.

Try UU plus. They have lots of lessons, teach techniques plus a theory. It's been a great help to me, can watch the videos over and over. Scales, chords, strumming, hammer on's and pull offs etc. Well worth the price.
(Just a happy student, I don't benefit from it at all)

On another note, I hear you. I long to be a better player not just strum songs. It's a slow process. Trying to just have fun along the way.

I just started taking lessons from Matt Dahlberg via skype a 6 weeks ago. He does a great job at pushing me to learn. I think it is safe to say that Matt is fiercely talented on the uke. I am fairly certain that I will never be at the level he is at, but I am enjoying learning more about playing and music theory. My playing does not show it yet, but I certainly feel like I am making big progress. Check out Matt's site and his youtube videos.

http://www.thejumpingflea.net/The_Jumping_Flea/Ukulele_Lessons.html

Last edited:
I live in Hiddenite , NC. USA Latitude = 35.9001, Longitude = -81.0888
I really don't think the video lessons or internet lessons are for me .I really don't learn the best that way, (I also think it takes away from the human experience) .

I agree that in person lessons would be best. Since I couldn't find a local instructor, I contacted Matt. So far I am really pleased.

Top Bottom