Tenor Harp ukulele at distribution hub

Pete Howlett

Reaction score
I learnt late this week that the aNueNue Tenor Harp Ukulele is at the distribution hubb in Japan. This means they should be in stores in time for Christmas. As far as the UK goes I am the 'store' so pm me if you want one. Caution - only 12 are going to the US. I note Elderly is listing them awaiting delivery and would not be surprised if they have gobbled up the lot. There has been quite a buzz about these. As a fairly competent player it has taken me a good 3 months to 'learn' how to play the diapason strings confidently...

Last edited:
Probably going to take me 3 months to learn to say diapason strings. Nonetheless, congrats on the harpukes, seems like they've been a long time coming. Looking forward to seeing some vids done with them.

THEY ARE HERE, hawaii music supply just received two today Pete. I did a looked see and found them built outstanding and the uke sound just outstanding on it's own. Much improved in looks and sound than the original prototype I tried at last NAMM. Since it's only 12 to USA I aam sure they will be gone in a heartbeat. I filmed a short video on ukulele but I am not sure when HMS will post it on their website. Also looked at anuenue's newest vintage kumalae copy the 1879 model. Again Pete you did a great job on this unique and outstanding replica.

Last edited:
Can claim no credit for the replica stuff - I might have suggested that he do it some time...I'm wondering how well they will sell in the UK and Europe. There doesn't seem to be the same appetite for this stuff over here.

Just checked the Uke Republic site...Somehow makes it real seeing it in a store....

Do the diapason strings allow tuning to all the keys with a bit of knowhow?

And how much for the UK retail Pete?

Chris

I've really progressed with this instrument playing wise so i must do a video tho i have to say Mike, your first attempts at playing it far exceed my first stumbling attempts or thagt of James Hill!

Thank you UR - I just handled the overal design part. Johnson and aNueNue did the rest - he made some refinements to the drawing like missing out the diapason string posts, making it 14 fret to the body and the zipflex abalone touches for the rosettes. I didn't have time to do the refinements for the prototype that I put on a hand build like contouring the bridge and a marquetry inlay to the binding like the Dyer Symphony Harp Guitars had. My production design also has an option for an alternate peghead shape and slotted headstock :) I think the great 'touch' on these is the hardshell case and the price! So reasonable...

Top Bottom