Did you know...Sears Still carries Ukuleles

Last edited:
Who woulda thunk it. Lanakais next to the Kenmore washers and Craftsman socket sets.

What's next for Sears...vinyl siding and garage doors. Sheesh.

Yea I was surprised too!! I went to the Sears in Winward Mall, and saw the ukes in the display case :) However, I like the ukes at the Navy Exchange by the airport. They have tons of K brand ukes.

Wow at the Navy exchange..gotta check them prices out then...my sister is looking for one....mahalo brah....

Remember in the old days, Sears sold everything...Houses, cars...etc...holy smokes..

The NEX prices not all dat great . . . you just no pay sales tax.

Mahalo Danny...was getting my hope up..ha ha hope to check out their big inventory.....my sister's husband as privilages...
Go check 'em out, their stock changes. Located on da 2nd floor by da "Hawaiiana" section. Dey keep em' in one glass case and you gotta ask one of the clerks to open 'em. Wen we went last year, they had Kamaka, Kanile'a and KoAloha.

Our Nex in NY doesn't sell Ukes! Harumph..
The NEX inventory is unique to their locale.

My very first ukulele was a Silvertone. I believe these were made by Sears. It was actually a nice ukulele. But I traded up for a Martin and never looked back.

Who woulda thunk it. Lanakais next to the Kenmore washers and Craftsman socket sets.

Sears was the first national retailer to carry ukuleles -- they were listed in the 1914 catalog, and each year thereafter.

They already have vinyl siding and have for years.

Top Bottom