After You've Gone cover (I tried)

mokulele

Reaction score

After You've Gone.

I feel bad I have already posted two videos but haven't kept tabs on your guys vids. I am currently lurking this part of the forum, everyones so talented so I feel lame putting this up. But, this is me improving! Some of these chords are frickin hard..

Thanks guys! :)

nice! Youve got a good voice! To me thats the hardest part of making vids. Its easy to practice chords and get better, but so hard to get comfortable singing into a camera by yourself. Good song choice as well.

You did a fine job. You have a nice voice. I look forward to watching your vids and progression. Love the song choice.

hi! what kind of video recorder are you using? there can be some fiddling done with the settings that will make sure your uke won't become distorted. you have a very clean and controlled voice. first thing to try differently is playing just a little softer to match the volume of your voice (playing into a recorder will make it sound a lot different to what we're hearing behind the uke). i can't wait to see more videos from you, thank you for sharing!

Thank you everybody for feedback, sounds like I need to practice my ukulele technique! Craig - I borrowed my roommates mac book pro. I'll look into tweaking the settings/buying a good mic. Thank you so much for listening :) Your responses really do help me

sweet sweet singing mok...just echoing others' comments, you have a gorgeous voice. Also agree with Craig...it's amazing how soft you can get away with strumming the uke for these yt vids and a decent volume still comes through...oh, and as for the chords...shucks...wouldn't have even bothered attempting it myself :eek: looking forward to more mate. Cheers!

sweet sweet singing mok...just echoing others' comments, you have a gorgeous voice. Also agree with Craig...it's amazing how soft you can get away with strumming the uke for these yt vids and a decent volume still comes through...oh, and as for the chords...shucks...wouldn't have even bothered attempting it myself :eek: looking forward to more mate. Cheers!

Aww! words like this really inspire me to push myself. Thank you for the kind words!!! :)

Wonderful singing and the strum is just fine.... Please keep it up and post some more! And if you use that MacBook again, just go into the 'System Preferences' (it's in the 'Applications' folder down on the bottom right) and hit the 'Sound' button. This will open a small window where you can turn down the 'input volume'....you can also sit a little further away from the computer. I used my MacBook to make several videos and you can get a pretty good sound if you tweak it right.....

Wonderful singing and the strum is just fine.... Please keep it up and post some more! And if you use that MacBook again, just go into the 'System Preferences' (it's in the 'Applications' folder down on the bottom right) and hit the 'Sound' button. This will open a small window where you can turn down the 'input volume'....you can also sit a little further away from the computer. I used my MacBook to make several videos and you can get a pretty good sound if you tweak it right.....

Thank you so much and will do! I am currently scheming my next move. Another post in the brainstorming process. :cool:

Bravo! Keep 'em coming.

Another option is to use an iPhone 4 or 4S to record. Other smartphones might also work well. It'll take a little trial & error to frame properly. A mount and/or tripod for the phone will help. Use the rear camera, not the front facing one, and video & sound quality should be much better.

Great voice and a great song. Fun to see an other lefty :eek:
Also took courage to post this video and that is great !

I agree with others comments, Your voice is beautiful and as you get more comfortable recording yourself it will all come through. Keep on making those videos!
Thanks for sharing!

I'm so happy about the good feedback, this is allowing me to really focus on what's really important and that's to improve, work hard, stay inspired and create music, not just for myself. To know that people enjoy it besides my mom and dad is a real motivator for me. I hate that I am at work and I just want to be home practicing.

Top Bottom