please help :/

hartmanem21

Reaction score
Hello all! Okay so my little brother is big into music and stuff and I thought I would get him a ukulele for Christmas! He love the guitar and is getting more into acoustic stuff lately so I thought it would be a good addition to his musical instruments. Anyway, he's lefty and i have no idea where to start with buying one! I was trying to keep my price at $50 max but i'm willing to go higher if it seems like a good deal. If anyone knows any sites or anywhere i could go to get one that'd be awesome! thanks for the help!

-clueless ukulele buyer

P.S. If you look at the drop down they come in three colors. You may find it a few bucks cheaper somewhere else but Mike does a full setup and is aces to deal with.

I second the motion for Mike. At $50, your options are limited. There are not many actually playable or worthwhile ukuleles in that price range. Mike at UkeRepublic will treat you right.

:agree: You got some good advice here!

I would suggest the Lanikai LU-11 which comes in right at your 50 dollar limit, but the setup and intonation will be terrible on it right out of the box.
The others are right, one thing Ive learned is how important a good setup is. Its easy for a beginner to become frustrated because their instrument does not sound "right". Iam a lefty as well, and have inquired about special setup before, and have found most places to be very accommodating....

Top Bottom