TyeDye

ukebuilder

Reaction score
The wife saw a Kala with tyedye on the top. She now wants me to make her a Baritone like it. I am thinking of getting a cheap baritone and seeing if I could do it myself. Is it possible and if so how? paper glued down? No clue.

No Kala makes a cheap uke with tyedye top and she saw it at a local shop this weekend. She wanted it but would rather have a baritone. So I got to thinking a cheap bar. uke and then figure out how to make the top tyedye. I love the swirl and it gives me an idea on a bass a girl from our church wants me to build her.

It's part of Kala's Ukadelic line. You could try it yourself, but my concern would be that gluing paper to the soundboard would really deaden the sound.

This is what I thought, that is why I was asking around to see if there was any other way. If not maybe us super thin paper.

I like 'em. I'll probably do a tie-dye in the future... with a foot headstock and soundholes...

No, just make the top really thin and tie dye it for real!

BTW, "tie-dyed" was slang for being "one toke over the line"...or being 100 micrograms over the line back in the very early 1970's in Marin County...

Careful with that...

Primer and top coat with a white acrylic then take it and have a Flat bed inkjet printer lay down a scanned design. Seal and attach. Sort of like a giclee.

Fleamarket music (fluke and fleas) have one too.. Look up marbling techniques in papermaking, perhaps you could use that technique for the wood too.

No, just make the top really thin and tie dye it for real!

BTW, "tie-dyed" was slang for being "one toke over the line"...or being 100 micrograms over the line back in the very early 1970's in Marin County...

Careful with that...

You're dating yourself there Rick, and cracking me up after a bloody hot day here. Was 45C in my shed and time for a beer. I'll be sure to stop before I'm tie-dyed. :D

Top Bottom