Anyone interested in selling a collings or compass rose?

Stevelele

Reaction score
Looking mainly for custom collings or a compass rose. Not sure which I prefer--collings are great, but haven't had a chance to play a compass rose, but the sound files have me more than intrigued

Looking mainly for custom collings or a compass rose. Not sure which I prefer--collings are great, but haven't had a chance to play a compass rose, but the sound files have me more than intrigued
I've got a collings ut-3 that I could possibly be interested in selling. Still haven't made up my mind yet and it is a little on the more expensive side. It's not one of those $1000 to $1500 collings but it sure is nice.

send me a PM details of how much you'd sell it for. Thanks

I have been watching for a used UT1, UT1K or UT2, but they don'e seem to pop up on the radar all that frequently. I think I will hold out a little longer for second hand, but if I see a new one that grabs me.... :)

I have really enjoyed my purchase of Eugene Ukulele's custom and mgm's custom. I have a UC-2 I bought from RichM that doesn't get played much because of the 2 customs I bought previously but its a koa and I'm sure I'll play it to keep checking the sound vs spruce top Collngs.

WHAT!!! The Moore Bettah soprano hasn't stifled your UAS? :D

haha--I think I'm coming to learn that I'm more a tenor/concert person, but the MB soprano is pretty darn sweet

I bought a Mahogany tenor Compass Rose about 5 years ago. Mine has a beautiful antique red finish, Rick Turner supposedly did it himself. It was built for the 2003 NAAM show. The guy I bought it from bought 3 more later. He sold them all, he told me they couldn't compare to the tone of the mahogany one. He sold it to me to fund another custom. It does have a wonderful warm sweet tone. It would take some mighty arm twisting to talk me out of it. Still looks new.

do you have a video, photos or a sound file of this? Sounds very nice

I bought a Mahogany tenor Compass Rose about 5 years ago. Mine has a beautiful antique red finish, Rick Turner supposedly did it himself. It was built for the 2003 NAAM show. The guy I bought it from bought 3 more later. He sold them all, he told me they couldn't compare to the tone of the mahogany one. He sold it to me to fund another custom. It does have a wonderful warm sweet tone. It would take some mighty arm twisting to talk me out of it. Still looks new.

Call me fickle, but I'd spent 2 grand on a Collings just for the headstock. I love the UT£ they have on their website, the grain in that koa is so lush.

There are few Compass Rose ukes in stock at Gryphon Strings. They have tenor and the new concerts, and their site has some nice sound samples.

If you have the funding, this one is really nice.
http://www.gryphonstrings.com/instpix/36709/36709.php

Good luck on finding the right tenor uke. I love my CR tenor.

Top Bottom