Pick a Christmas uke

Leodhas

Reaction score
I'm going to treat myself to a uke at christmas, nothing too expensive, just something interesting and a wee bit of fun, was even thinking of a novelty kala (but it doesn't have to be a novelty uke) an interesting sound is the most important thing, all suggestions welcome. Man I love new uke shopping.

(bare in mind i live in Scotland so nipping out to the uke store isn't an option, so it will be bought online)

cheers folks.

PS I'm not actually a fan of christmas, I can't tolerate forced frivolity so i won't be skipping round the house half cut sporting a tinsel necklace and santa hat, but the uke will at least brighten my day.

What sort of uke do you need to add to your arsenal and at what price? If you're going for something novel, go for a vintage plastic uke. They have their own unique sound and you can pick them up pretty cheap.

Get a used flea or fluke. Maybe an ohana ck70rb. Fun and goog.

Have you considered a Kala pocket uke? It may be more than you want to spend, and it's not for everybody, but it's interesting and a wee bit different. (Not me in the video, btw.) Uke Republic has them on its website.

If you are wanting an inexpensive uke to buy locally, I've been hearing some decent comments about the Lags.

Ohana Vita?

what about a luna tattoo pineapple soprano uke, they are different also well made come witha free gig bag and strung with aquilas strings all for £55.20 on amazon

I'm going to treat myself to a uke at christmas, nothing too expensive, just something interesting and a wee bit of fun, was even thinking of a novelty kala (but it doesn't have to be a novelty uke) an interesting sound is the most important thing, all suggestions welcome. Man I love new uke shopping.

(bare in mind i live in Scotland so nipping out to the uke store isn't an option, so it will be bought online)

cheers folks.

PS I'm not actually a fan of christmas, I can't tolerate forced frivolity so i won't be skipping round the house half cut sporting a tinsel necklace and santa hat, but the uke will at least brighten my day.

I like my Kala Kiwi very much. I like it better than the Ukadelics for sound. I use Worth Clear strings on mine.

A Flea or a Fluke would be a good choice as well. If you are looking for a different sound, a Firefly or other Banjo Uke might be fun.

Resonators can be interesting as well. Kind of like the banjo uke, but different.

A 6 or 8 string uke has a very interesting and full sound, different from the normal 4 string ukes.

–Lori

Yeah~ I'm treating myself to a uke for Christmas too! I think I want a red fluke. I need a good beach uke (cause I'm going to Maui!)

I got a treat for Christmas, of course I'm horrible at waiting so it turned out to be an early gift. A lanikai LU-22CFM... I love it, they are also limited edition. FYI, the store I purchased at had 3 of them and all 3 looked completely different from one another. There must be a lot of variation in that flame maple.

I continuously eye the Kala ukuadelics in the local music store. Love the purple paisley however, I pick it up and realize that for the money, it doesn't sound that great. I like the sound of my $35 dolphin much better.

Good luck I hope that you find something great. I don't know what you are looking to spend but I think I used flea or fluke might be a great option... good luck!

Top Bottom