Uke Underground Store: Any ideas to lower shipping costs?

coolkayaker1

Reaction score
I've loaded a "cart" and almost bought items from UU Store on more than one occasion, and the shipping is onerous each time, so I didn't pull the trigger.

Three t-shirts, a hooded sweatjacket and the Aldrine soloing DVD to Illinois for $25.50 lowest cost shipping?

Is Aldrine going to drive it to my door himself?

(I know he's just the video instructor here, so I'm not saying it's him at all.)

My wife is a USPS Postmaster and, honestly, that stuff would go Priority Mail in the flat rate box for $12 from Hawaii to IL.

Any tips, coupon codes, ideas (e.g wait for free shipping sales, if they have them), etc. appreciated.

Until then, my t-shirts still say, "Keep On Truckin'" and have the bald guy with a big thumb (you hippie kids know the score). Cheers!

I've loaded a "cart" and almost bought items from UU Store on more than one occasion, and the shipping is onerous each time, so I didn't pull the trigger.

Three t-shirts, a hooded sweatjacket and the Aldrine soloing DVD to Illinois for $25.50 lowest cost shipping?

Is Aldrine going to drive it to my door himself?

(I know he's just the video instructor here, so I'm not saying it's him at all.)

My wife is a USPS Postmaster and, honestly, that stuff would go Priority Mail in the flat rate box for $12 from Hawaii to IL.

Any tips, coupon codes, ideas (e.g wait for free shipping sales, if they have them), etc. appreciated.

Until then, my t-shirts still say, "Keep On Truckin'" and have the bald guy with a big thumb (you hippie kids know the score). Cheers!

keep-on-truckin-the-70s-482814_713_348.jpg

You know, shipping is what it is. There's more to consider than just the postage, of course. But then again, I can see your point about $25 being a bit much for a couple of tees and a DVD. That does seem a bit much.

In UU's defense, their store may not be set-up to handle combined shipping. Why not give them an email and see what can be arranged?

In UU's defense, their store may not be set-up to handle combined shipping. Why not give them an email and see what can be arranged?
That's a good idea. Although I know some of their stuff is drop shipped, so combined shipping may not even be an option.

But I've bought things on ebay before and then had the seller refund me a bit when they combined shipping on my items. :)

Top Bottom