New Uke - Paul Woolson Tenor from "The Tree"

drcmusic7

Reaction score
I wanted to share a couple photos of my new Paul Woolson tenor uke. Paul's website is www.woolsonsoundcraft.com Paul had this uke as one of his show instruments at the Healdsburg Guitar Festival. I played it there (I was a performer at the festival) and fell in love with it.

It's a tenor uke with a Adirondack spruce double top. Same build style as the high end classicals with the nomex honeycomb core. The back and sides are mahogany from very famous "the tree."

I'll have a lot more on it soon but I wanted to share a couple photos of it.

IMG_6967_brown_tiedye_bg_guitar2_back_rtcc.jpg

IMG_6967_brown_tiedye_bg_guitar2_rtcc.jpg

Kindly,
Danny

Last edited:
Very pretty. And great photos to boot. Does it sound as nice as it looks?

It doesn't have as much curl / quilt as the other ones I have seen from "The Tree" however it is still beautiful. It must cost more than koa since it is from it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link, very interesting to read. I really had never heard of "the tree". It almost sounded like the title of an horror movie !

It is beautiful-more than beautiful really...but more importantly, are you near Healdsburg? Having one heck of a time finding inspiration locally, must play with someone who destroys me. Let me know PM huh?
Wait- you have one a gol' dern Grammy? Guess it was a long shot. Now I guess all I request is a sound sample with that new uke of yours :)

Last edited:
Congrats on acquiring that beautiful ukulele? I wonder if there are shows/judging/awards for the best ukulele?

That is a wonderful story. Except for all the bits about furniture, furniture and more furniture.

"Yeah, my chest of drawers has one hell of a tap-tone."

Arg.

Thanks, Nickie!

pulelehua - I agree, the story of the tree is pretty cool. Paul's ukes are
not as expensive as his guitars or DeVine's ukes...

Kindly,
Danny

Wow! That is one classy looking uke.

Top Bottom