Flamin' Mamie, that high fallutin' mamma

TCK

Reaction score
I have decided that rather than play particularly well, I am best suited for playing very quickly and very loudly.You can take the boy away from the punk rock...eh' you know the rest.
In any event- figured out a new one from my recent Hank Penny kick and gave her a go.
I even added some vintage burlesque so you don't have to look at me for 3 minutes entirely.
Uke bill- 1940's Martin 3m and 1930's May Bell model 20
Cheers

YAY! I grew up with the Aileen Stanley version, but I've loved the Hank Penny one just as much for almost as long. Nicely done, love it!

hee hee- turned out all right then :) Thanks for the props...somebody needs to bring the Aileen Stanley version- I am just sayin'

I finally figured out the Aileen Stanley version a few weeks ago. If it weren't for the fact that it has an Fdim, I'd be happy to oblige. Give me a month or so, and I'll give it a shot. (I'd probably be further along if my method for learning diminished chords wasn't "spend 20 minutes trying to find something else that seems close enough instead of actually practicing the chord change" every time one comes up).

Great song choice. You always bring a smile to my face. Well done.

Awe shucks friends- thanks for the Kudos. As for the choice in tunes, how could you NOT add this one to the Uke repetoir right?
Love the props- I promise to learn to play the darn thing right some day ;)

oh yeah, now this is what I'm talkin bout. sounded great from here Dave...what a brilliant song and given the kind of irreverent vibe and breakneck tempo it deserved. Your voice is perfect for these types of tunes mate. Just the right amount of gravel in the mix. More please... :)

I was wondering where you had gotten off to mate...canoodling and stuff I figure.
Glad you liked it and yeah- I am learning to tame my gravel- thank you bourbon and ciggies :)
Thanks for listening- plenty more where that came from ;) Still waiting on a trans-global collaboration though. I am thinking the entire Big Joe turner catalog...ought to take us a while :)

I was wondering where you had gotten off to mate...canoodling and stuff I figure.
Glad you liked it and yeah- I am learning to tame my gravel- thank you bourbon and ciggies :)
Thanks for listening- plenty more where that came from ;) Still waiting on a trans-global collaboration though. I am thinking the entire Big Joe turner catalog...ought to take us a while :)

oh do stop it brother, you'll embarrass Eugenie ha ha (For my own part, as has become clear, I have no shame)

(I need them thar chords for that OCMS tune mate. Bill sent a message about it the other day...things are pretty crazy here at the moment but just about ready to have a crack at it I reckon)

Big Joe. Yep.

Just had a chance to listen to this one Dave, great stuff. I really enjoyed it.

Top Bottom