Peeking out from the woodshed

ukecantdothat

Reaction score
Hey, y'all! Someone was asking how I was, how's the ukin' etc, cuzza I ain't been posting here, or on YT for a while. Thanks for asking. I've been busy busy busy w/work and life and all, but yes, still ukin' it up whenever and wherever I can! The band still plays, but we're putting together an offshoot version that's more rock, full band, CBU thru a bi-amped Marshall/Twin Reverb set up. It's pretty crazy. Our first jam with the new line up is soon. To start, we're going with a power trio session - bass/drums/CBU. I'll try and make a vid of the Big Event. Later we'll bring in a keyboard and second steel drum/drummer, percussionist and BG singers and when we're ready, embark on our "Close But No Guitar Tour" of SoCal... Or not. This jam could either be totally cool, or an epic fail, as the kids like to say. So we'll see. In my head, it sounds awesome! Maybe I'll let you guys decide, like the old Brit TV show Juke Box Jury, where "You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling" was famously voted a "miss" by a panel of "experts."

Anyway, here's a vid I slopped together last night of the CBU at midnight, unplugged (there's no sound hole), and noodling a little bluesy improv.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uix8VbBKEy4

There was no effects used, just the horrible audio from the digital cam, then the noise reduction in iMovie, and then whatever YouTube decides to color it with. Pretty weird under the headphones, but you get some sense of the tone of the CBU unplugged.

I'll do a plugged in demo soon to you hear the monsterous overkill thru the amps when I get a chance. I can get stupid l loud with it, and there's virtually zero feedback because of the no sound hole.

So yeah, I still lurk here from time to time. More so now that I'm going to be out of work for a little while. Good to see the site and ohana community grow!

Nice! I'm an old blue man myself, though not on strings, so I'm still wishin' I could do that.

Top Bottom