New Maton Concert Uke

Buddha662010

Reaction score
So i'm very excited... my new Maton Uke turned up in the mail 20mins ago... i've pulled it out & had a twang... its a beautiful instrument...

Absolutely immaculate finish. The Maton guys have done a great job!

Anyone else bought one??

Specifications
Body shape Concert
Soundboard Solid Blackwood
Back Solid Blackwood
Sides Solid Blackwood
Neck Queensland Maple
Headstock Queensland Maple
Fingerboard Rosewood/Dot Inlays
Bridge Rosewood
Finish Satin
Machine Heads G-GOTOH

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attachments

• photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 162
  • photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 203
  • photo (4).jpg
    photo (4).jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 154
  • photo (5).jpg
    photo (5).jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 183
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 163
Congratulations! It's beautiful...

It is a beauty. It must be an Australian brand and Blackwood must be an Australian local wood? It looks a lot like Mahagony to me. Is is similar to Mahagony? Congratulations!!! I love new uke days.

Yep Aussie brand using Aussie Timbers http://www.maton.com.au/index.php

Hmm i dont know much about wood but i personally think it is lighter than Mahogany.

Thanks for the congrats, i'm very happy with it. The workmanship is amazing i cannot fault it at all...truely unbelievable.

I think Maton only made 150 in this model but are possibly brining out more next year.

My mate got No.71, I'm going over to his place to jam tonight to butcher some songs, I'm pretty interested to see the finish of his also.

That is one BEAUTIFUL uke! Can't wait to hear a sound sample!!

Yes, for our American friends ....... Maton is a well known & respected Aussie Acoustic Guitar Maker (and also made some ukes back in the 60s from memory) and only recently got back into making them again!

You'll have lots of happy times playing that little beautie!!

Roberta

Last edited:
I wonder who got their "Freebie''!?? They had a Facebook competition saying that anyone who 'liked them' during a specific date period, could win themselves the very first 'Newbie' on their production line!! I know it wasn't me - But it doesn't say who got it!!

Someone will be a very happy chappy!

Roberta

Not familiar with that brand, but it looks like a really sweet uke. Enjoy! :)

Tommy Emmanuel plays Maton guitars. It is an excellent brand and I have never seen a poorly-built instrument with the name.

Tommy Emmanuel plays Maton guitars. It is an excellent brand and I have never seen a poorly-built instrument with the name.

so does Ben Harper, John Butler, Jeff Martin...they're just beautiful instruments. And, just to lower the tone of proceedings a tad, I've got a 6 string semi-acoustic of theirs too and love it to bits

These are big figures in guitar world, but how about ukulele virtuoso?
Anyway, next year I'll be in Australia and remember to check Maton ukes out!

...Haha the freebie went to a bloke in Germany i believe...lucky duck. check it out on the Maton facebook page ...

Thanks for that Buddha!! I was in the running, but got a bit annoyed when nothing 'uke' got put up & pulled out!! :( Silly Billy

Roberta

So i'm very excited... my new Maton Uke turned up in the mail 20mins ago... i've pulled it out & had a twang... its a beautiful instrument...

Absolutely immaculate finish. The Maton guys have done a great job!

Anyone else bought one??

Specifications
Body shape Concert
Soundboard Solid Blackwood
Back Solid Blackwood
Sides Solid Blackwood
Neck Queensland Maple
Headstock Queensland Maple
Fingerboard Rosewood/Dot Inlays
Bridge Rosewood
Finish Satin
Machine Heads G-GOTOH

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
just had a look today and was told it is a one piece wood for top and side, is this correct

I love mine, I got number 163, nicest instrument I've ever owned.

Top Bottom