Need some recommendations...

doh2122

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just picked up the uke couple days ago because it makes the chill-est/happiest sound. I just learned Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World.... I know I probably learned it wrong, doesn't matter to me as long as I'm having a bomb ass time. I was just wondering if you guys knew any other "beginner/novice" songs that would help me reach my full potential of playing the ukulele. Thanks!

Check out chordie.com you can change the chord diagrams to Uke. Alot of time they have different difficulties of the same song.

Chordie is great. Starting out, I concentrated on those songs that are so deeply ingrained that I never had to wonder how they went, and given my age that ended me up mostly with sappy mid 70's AM radio fare. I found these songs easier to play and sing simultaneously, because I knew them well.
....."Daniel is travellin' tonight on a plane"....

Chordie is great. Starting out, I concentrated on those songs that are so deeply ingrained that I never had to wonder how they went, and given my age that ended me up mostly with sappy mid 70's AM radio fare. I found these songs easier to play and sing simultaneously, because I knew them well.
....."Daniel is travellin' tonight on a plane"....

...."I can see the red tail lights heading for Spain"....

I actually like "sappy mid 70's AM radio fare" :)

...."I can see the red tail lights heading for Spain"....

I actually like "sappy mid 70's AM radio fare" :)

Me too, esp for uke. Maybe I'll get the time to flesh out and post my "I'm Not in Love" Instrumental version.
I heard a Bread song somewhere recently, they may be next.
"I found your diary underneath a tree.."

Top Bottom