Christmas gifts ?

philrab66

Reaction score
Hi all
Just wondered if anybody is getting any cool ukulele accessories or little gadgets for Christmas. On a tight budget so just getting the Ukulele for Dummies book, would love a new uke though.

(Mainland Classic Mahogany Long Neck Concert Pineapple) Father Christmas if you are reading):D.
Phil.

I tentatively asked the big guy if he could find a StewMac self build tenor kit for me. Don't know if he will manage it though.

I'm on a tight budget too this year so probably the only getting I'll get is the getting to get ukes for some more grandkids. That's the best kind of getting, anyway. I've got four fresh LU-11 sopranos sitting here waiting for a tender touch of the nut files. :)

John

Last edited:
The budget this year pretty much extends to just getting something for the niece. Pixie (our dachshund) has an expensive surgery (routine, but expensive, she's fine!) coming up, and we just don't have money for anything other than that. It sounds sucky, but we were in a similar predicament last year, and it was actually liberating. We could just kick back and enjoy the season.

A couple of years ago, Grandpa gave me the money and told me to get that uke I wanted, which was the k1 dlx superconcert with Holy Crap Koa figuring. The year before that, I got an MP concert. The MP is sold on and I do have visitation rights, but I'll happily strum what I have, and save for next year.

It sounds sucky, but we were in a similar predicament last year, and it was actually liberating. We could just kick back and enjoy the season.
We stopped celebrating Christmas with gifts years ago. Not going into details, but certain events made it a hard/sad time and we decided to tell everyone we wanted to "opt out" of gift giving/receiving.

It is strangely liberating when you no longer have the pressure to buy stuff for people and hope they'll like it.

Things are pretty tight here as well. I've always been on the frugal side, but these days even more so.

I had some Amazon credits from doing surveys online and finally cashed in on a few uke books (Dummies, Lute, Sanz, Easy Classical), a red Snark and a set of Martins for my soprano Flea that I have yet to put on.

So that was kind of like my Christmas to me. :) I feel slightly guilty because my last Amazon purchase was for something infinitely more practical... toilet bowl scrub brushes.

I got myself one of Lori's ukulele calendars, and bought several additional ukulele calendars that I've donated to my Tuesday eveing ukulele class, where they may be used as either raffle prizes for our annual holiday kanikapila or gifts to certain students. I may buy also buy some Makala dolphins for the local Toys for Tots collection barrels. Having bought myself a few Kamakas earlier in the year, I'm a little "uked out," so I don't want any ukulele stuff from Santa (or as we called him when I was a kid, Chanukah Joe) or from my family or friends.

Asking Santa for some Hawaiian uke song books with the cd to play along to.

Digital Hygrometer and calibration packet. I have two old ones which read about 5-10% apart and are probably both wrong.

Last edited:
I reckon I may be a bit too old to be asking for gifts that I ought to be buying for myself, so I won't be expecting anything really. Oh, if I get a new set of strings or a humidifier it would be nice, but I'm not going to go out and ask for them. Besides, I honestly don't need anything.

On the other hand, I have already have two ukes ready to hand off as gifts to a nephew and god daughter. I'm really looking forward to passing those off.

We made a maile custom christmas package on standard, custom, and Tenor models with a case, tuner, book, and DVD. Hopefully that will get some people a great ukulele at a decent price. On a different note though. Is there somthing/ some type of package or discount you guys would like to see at the store? Maybe I can help :)

Top Bottom