Imagine music theorists stranded on a desert island...

GinnyT11

Reaction score
A C, an E-flat, and a G go into a bar. The bartender says, "Sorry, but we don't serve minors." So the E-flat leaves, and the C and the G have an open fifth between them. After a few drinks, the fifth is diminished and the G is out flat. An F comes in and tries to augment the situation, but is not sharp enough.

An A comes in, but the bartender is not convinced that this relative of C is not a minor. Then the bartender notices a B-flat hiding at the end of the bar and exclaims, "Get out---you're the seventh minor I've found in here tonight."

The E-flat comes back into the bar in a suit and shined shoes. The bartender says, "You're looking sharp, come on in! This could be a major development." This proves to be the case, as the E-flat takes off the suit and everything else and stands there au naturel.

Eventually, the C sobers up, and realizes in horror that he's under a rest. (The C is later brought to trial, is found guilty of contributing to the diminution of a minor, and is sentenced to 10 years of DS without Coda at an upscale correctional facility.)

The bartender decides, however, that since he's only had tenor so patrons that night, and everything has become alto much treble, he needs a rest, and closes the bar.

[From MissCellania.com]

holy nerd that was amazing! :D

Music nerd alert! :)

I like this !!!!

Along the same line,
What do you get when you drop a piano down a mine shaft?

A Flat Minor !

Man that was great. Can always trust UU to give you a good old laugh.

We had theory tests that would include a modulation to Ab minor, just for that very joke! I miss Dr. Hughes...

Epic joke is epic!

I like this !!!!

Along the same line,

A Flat Minor !

I love that on the internet I don't have to feel weird for laughing hysterically at theory jokes, because everyone else gets them too!

That was very funny, and I think I may have even understood most of it.

Not to hijack the thread, but it reminded me of this cartoon/greeting card I drew many, many years ago.

attachment.php

I like this !!!!

Along the same line,

A Flat Minor !

I had a friend that played Jingle Bells in D-minor... on a Yamaha Baby Grand.

Top Bottom