Vintage Regal (Silhouette) Soprano 1930's?

H

Hippie Dribble

GONE TO EBAY...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/120822628226?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649

hi folks

lovely old uke here, body in wonderful shape. Unsure as to exact date of build but thinking 30's or 40's..any info here would help. It was advertised as a 30's build but I can't verify this.

Solid birch construction (painted black), birch neck, pearloid gold fingerboard, 12 frets with black markers, original tuners, original decals in perfect condition, new worth brown strings, original hardcase in good condition, bonus "5 minute" ukulele course handbook (vintage).

minor issues: 1. a slightly lifted fretboard on the LHS attachment to the neck near the body. 2. bridge a litle worn but still firmly attached and solid. 3. action would need addressing if it were to become a full time player...there is slight buzz at c and e strings of 1st fret.

Beautiful uke and sounds good. Intonation is spot on. Has excellent volume. Tuners work fine.

here are some pictures...
DSCF0260.jpgDSCF0258.jpgDSCF0259.jpgDSCF0257.jpgDSCF0261.jpg

Bought several weeks ago for $128 plus shipping which cost $48. Since then I have put on a new set of strings.

Asking $140 all inclusive of shipping and insurance to anywhere.

Please PM me with any other questions or for additional photographs etc. Was an impulse buy that I can't afford and I just don't need another uke in the house!!! Great uke for a collector of vintage instruments

Thanks for looking guys, more pictures to follow

Last edited:
Top Bottom