Let it Snow (with snowfall outside my window!)

Beautiful John. :) You can come and sing to us by the fireplace any time you like brother.

Beautiful, John! I was thinking of starting a "Holiday Video" thread where folks could post some YouTube cheer - this would have to be at the top of the list! Great job......

So nicely done John. I loved it. It doesn't snow here, but my fingers are frozen this morning as I wait for my house to warm up. Wait, it is snowing Maple leaves in my back yard! Keep 'em coming John, I love your music.

Great rendition. The uke works great with that song but in Minnesota the song is " Let it snow - somewhere else"

I always thought this braddah lived in Hawaii.

Aloha John...great, AGAIN!!!!

Nice one. Share the chords, I like your arrangement.

Thanks, friends! Bill, a holiday video thread would be a great idea! If you don't mind, I'd repost this video on such a thread. Kauai808, I grew up in Hawaii but now I live and work in Japan. Spookefoote, I just added the chords to the info section of the video, but I'll post them here as well:

[ F C7 ]

Oh, the [F] weather out[C7]side is [F] frightful
But the [G7] fire is [F°] so de[C7]lightful
And [Gm] since we’ve no place to go
Let it [C7] snow, let it snow, let it [F] snow

It [F] doesn’t show [C7] signs of [F] stopping
And I [G7] brought some [F°] corn for [C7] popping
The [Gm] lights are turned way down low
Let it [C7] snow, let it snow, let it [F] snow

When we [C] finally kiss goodnight
How I’ll [G7] hate going out in the [C] storm
But if you’ll really hold me [A7] tight
[D7] All the way [G7] home I’ll be [C] warm [C7]

The [F] fire is [C7]slowly [F] dying
And my [G7] dear we’re [F°] still good[C7]bye-ing
But as [Gm] long as you love me so
LET IT [C7] SNOW, LET IT SNOW, LET IT [F] SNOW!!

Me, too! By the way, sometimes I'm asked what F°. It's F diminished. I play it 1212.

where do you live?!?! this is my 2nd favorite xmas carol, and you did it great justice. you're making me want to film a video out in the snow now... the hopeless romantic in me will play in the snow and get sick for a good video!

Thanks, Ronnie! Thanks, Craig! I live in Yokohama. This snowfall happened in February, so I've waited a long time to post this video on this thread! Ha ha. That be fun, playing the ukulele while gallivanting in the snow, but it'd probably be hard to play the uke with frozen fingertips!

Top Bottom