What are your favourite Christmas Songs for Uke?

ukudaily.co.uk

Reaction score
I am in the process of adding a Christmas song a day at www.ukudaily.co.uk and have plenty of songs in mind, but wonder what your top 3 are?

I had a request today for "I believe in Father Christmas" which is a classic Christmas song I had completely overlooked so I wonder how many more I may be dismissing through bad memory!

Let me know what you think, would love to have songs different than the norm.

Cheers,
Phil

here's 3 I'm doing this year for my little round of community gigs

1. the rebel Jesus - jackson browne

2. nothin but a child - steve earle

3. Jesus was a capricorn - kris kristoffersen

looking forward to following your site over the next few weeks mate. Cheers!

The Christmas Song (Chestnuts)
Christmas For Cowboys - John Denver

Being Jewish, I've only bothered to learn a couple of Christmas songs. I play:

1. an instrumental "Christmas Time Is Here" (from Peanuts Xmas show)
2. Santa Claus Is Stealing Your Car (original lyrics to ...Coming to Town)
3. a mean 45-second version of the Dance of the Sugar-Plum Fairies

There's clips of all of these on my YouTube channel. I posted the Santa Claus one on the Video board here yesterday. If I was going to learn another Christmas song, it would probably be "Santa's Beard" by They Might Be Giants or "2000 Miles" by the Pretenders.

loving some of the ones on here thank you, keep suggestions coming, going to be an interesting month!

"Silent Night" is nice. I've been learning it in B flat, which allows for some chord/melody stuff that's not too difficult. I want to find a good arrangement of "What Child Is This" ("Greensleeves"), but I haven't looked yet.

Mine's gotta be Slade's "Merry Xmas Everybody!" It's just sublime.

I've also got an R-rated fave which may not fly with too many folks here, but for those of you interested, just google Christmastime In The LBC

The Christmas Song
Christmas Time Is Here
I Want a Hippopotamus For Christmas

thank you for all your suggestions, its interesting seeing from the UK what songs people listen to around the world, lots of songs I had never heard of but great to learn new songs!

"Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" with a jingle bell strum:

Sorry about the poor sound quality (one of my earliest videos from the keonepax days) and the psychedelic light flashes (I tried to brighten the video because the original was dark and for some reason the video effects went crazy!).

I love playing the "Grinch Theme" arranged by Ukulelehunt

I also have been playing "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen/We Three Kings" by BNL

My wife likes "I want a Hippopotamus for Xmas"

"Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" with a jingle bell strum:

Sorry about the poor sound quality (one of my earliest videos from the keonepax days) and the psychedelic light flashes (I tried to brighten the video because the original was dark and for some reason the video effects went crazy!).

keonepax I really like this and thank you for your entry to Christmas competition, its really nice. Thank you!

I love Jim Nabors' "Christmas Eve in My Hometown",

Burl Ives' "Holly Jolly Christmas", and

Johnny Mathis' "We need a little Christmas"

Keep uke'in',

Top Bottom