WHAT Brand of ukulele

moogambo

Reaction score
can anyone give me suggestions on what brand to buy.I want a concert uke,i have been looking at oscar schmidt ou5, a lanikai ckc, and a bushman jenny, i have heard a few bad things about the oscar's, I dont want to start on too cheap of one.Can anyone help. How is the inntonation on any of these.
Thanks

I have a Bushman concert and the intonation was perfect.

Take a tuner with you to the store. None of the cheaper brands I tested had good intonation.

I've heard that the Fluke and Flea have good intonation.

For a little bit more money than the ones on your list you may want to check out Pono.

judging from the stuff i've been hearing about ponos, i would get one too. but i think they run in the $300+ price range. lanikai and kala ukes go from less than $100 to about $300. i have a kala and its great.

if you are willing to spend anything... KAMAKA!!!

that mitchell koa looks really nice.

usually for people that are starting off, a good Lanikai or Kala is good.

i started off with a soprano Oscar Schmidt, i wish i had a tenor but O.S. is a good brand personally. it has a good sound and is very nice for beginners

i played that mitchell koa at my local GC didn't realyl like it, it kinda sounded really flat and didn't resonate as well, but it does look pretty. I started out on this mitchell ukulele and in my opinion it was much better and u save 50 bucks. MU-70 Spruce Top Ukulele Link

can anyone give me suggestions on what brand to buy.I want a concert uke,i have been looking at oscar schmidt ou5, a lanikai ckc, and a bushman jenny, i have heard a few bad things about the oscar's, I dont want to start on too cheap of one.Can anyone help. How is the inntonation on any of these.
Thanks

It would be helpful to know your budget. But whatever it is, you should get the best uke you can afford.

like gx9901 said I dont know your budget, one ukulele that i really like that has a very wide range of price is lanakai. Im looking to buy a new ukulele right now also. Some may laugh But the ukulele i play now is a hilo soprano. And i would have to say i love it. ive heard some people say they have problems with their hilos staying tuned and they dont sound good. i play with a neighbor of mine who plays lanakai, and the sound isnt that much diff. About the tuning, i can put mine in the case of hang it up on the wall and have never had it detune. maybe i got a good one????:D

Dont rush your buy though, take your time, if you can play them, and while you do that save more money.

go to an uke store or online if no more, and find one you think is right. if you have a store, play all of them. it doesnt matter which brand, just one that sounds blessed by your ears. however, if you need to order, get something with a high recommendation. i suggest Koaaloha since it plays clear and long, although a lot of models are a bit on the small side.

Kudos

go to an uke store or online if no more, and find one you think is right. if you have a store, play all of them. it doesnt matter which brand, just one that sounds blessed by your ears. however, if you need to order, get something with a high recommendation. i suggest Koaaloha since it plays clear and long, although a lot of models are a bit on the small side.

Ill give a kudos to that one.....:cool:

I like brueko very much. It's a german brand with good prices and solid quality.

Top Bottom