• ウクレレ - Japanese

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • uke - English

Votes: 23 62.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mr moonlight

Reaction score
As I said in another thread, I've been thinking about getting one of my uke sticker designs printed for my case. The thing is, I wasn't sure which version of it I want. One that reflects my Japanese heritage or one that everyone can read. So I figured I'd seek the help of all of you.

Thanks in advance

UkeSticker.jpgukulele_sticker_A.jpgukulele_sticker_B.jpg

Oh yeah, I'll end up with 250 of these so I can send some out to anyone who wants.

Last edited:
Gotta have one for your heritage and what the heck...have one for everyone else to understand!
Maybe you should include in your poll....both!

I like them both but like to understand what I put on!!! Sign me up for one!!!

If you have a Japanese tie, (heritage), I say go with that. Not only will it be more personal, it will also spawn conversation when people ask what it says.. Open up a Uke dialog with perfect strangers..

+1 on the English one. Can I get one too??

If you have a Japanese tie, (heritage), I say go with that. Not only will it be more personal, it will also spawn conversation when people ask what it says.. Open up a Uke dialog with perfect strangers..
That's a good point. My Japanese heritage really has a lot of ties to Hawaii as well. Most of my family comes from the islands.

Well, there ya go. Double tie... I think ya knew your answer all along.. ;)

That's a good point. My Japanese heritage really has a lot of ties to Hawaii as well. Most of my family comes from the islands.

I like them both but like to understand what I put on!!! Sign me up for one!!!

This gives me an idea. I could have everyone who wants a few paypal me something like $1.50 to cover postage, envelopes and printing (once I get them in of course! It will take a couple weeks.) Then I'll send stacks out. If you don't have a Paypal account no biggie. I think I have a couple stamps and envelopes lying around. If I can cover a portion of my costs for this run, I'll hold a contest for the best uke sticker design and do the same.

Well, there ya go. Double tie... I think ya knew your answer all along.. ;)
But my issue was that not everyone will be able to read it and if I'm going to print that many of them, it's not as useful to print them just for myself. I wanted the professional vinyl stickers so there's no way to just do a few. That way if I spill beer on my case, it won't make my sticker run!

Ahh.. yup. For mainstream, I would make them to fit the masses, and that I would assume would be english for the mass of them, but a couple in Japanese for yourself and other people with similar heirtage.

But my issue was that not everyone will be able to read it and if I'm going to print that many of them, it's not as useful to print them just for myself. I wanted the professional vinyl stickers so there's no way to just do a few. That way if I spill beer on my case, it won't make my sticker run!

As I said in another thread, I've been thinking about getting one of my uke sticker designs printed for my case. The thing is, I wasn't sure which version of it I want. One that reflects my Japanese heritage or one that everyone can read. So I figured I'd seek the help of all of you.

Thanks in advance

View attachment 30498View attachment 30499View attachment 30500

Oh yeah, I'll end up with 250 of these so I can send some out to anyone who wants.

I like the english one. If you want just a few in the Japanese, you could do it through CafePress print on demand.

–Lori

I like the english one. If you want just a few in the Japanese, you could do it through CafePress print on demand.

–Lori

CAFEPRESS! I never even thought of that. So I ordered my personal sticker, but now I figured I'm going to hold a sticker contest! Check the contest section for details coming sooon!

Thanks!

Japanese is cool, but most people you see probably won't be able to read it if you're American :p

Also, please send me one!

–Lori

So I had a Cafe Press sticker done of the just the Japanese version and I wasn't happy with the quality. All the edges were fuzzy so I guess I'm gonna go back to the drawing board.

So I had a Cafe Press sticker done of the just the Japanese version and I wasn't happy with the quality. All the edges were fuzzy so I guess I'm gonna go back to the drawing board.
What quality of image did you send them to use? A low resolution jpg probably wouldn't print up too well.

What quality of image did you send them to use? A low resolution jpg probably wouldn't print up too well.
It was at 300dpi so the resolution is fine. The issue is that there's a haze that resembles paint splatter extending 1/4" all around the edges. I wasn't expecting a quality off-set job, but this was unacceptable.

So I'm sending those back and going with stickerguy. It's $17 more but their quality is very good and I'll end up with 248 extras to give away.

Tudorp had a really good point here.

Since I'm already going to be printing one for the general uke community via my sticker contest, I'm going to print the Japanese one. I'll post again when I get them in a few weeks.

Thanks all

Top Bottom