Is This A Kamaka?

My guess would be that it is a Kamaka from the 50's or 60's. MMStan could really help here!

Looks like no label inside or decal on the headstock so it may not be. However, I don't know of people making fake's. If it is a Kamaka, price seems like full retail to me, especially given that it does not have the label or decal!

It certainly looks like the Kamaka pineapples of that era that I have seen. But I have read that there were Japanese manufacturers making fakes at the time (and supposedly they were *good* fakes) so given that there are no labels on it, I'd hesitate to pay that price. Unless it was just an exceptionally nice-playing and sounding uke!

It sure does look like a Kamaka.

But if you're thinking about buying it, I'd use the $300 amount that Chuck on FMM Uke Yak mentioned as the ceiling in any negotiation. Without the label / headstock marking, it's tough to verify that it's a Kamaka.

the pictures ar blurry and cannot see the tuners well..my guess it's a gold label...mid to late sixties...
they had those extended diagonal curved fretboards going into the white labels and seventies...definte a Kamaka design..
added this..http://www.kamakahawaii.com/ukegallery.html

Last edited:
Top Bottom