specific chord names

Kaneohe til the end

Reaction score
in harana, when you play:
A|-5-
E|-3-
C|-2-
G|-0-
is there a name for chords when you "double up" on a note, like the g for the above example?

this one sounds cool too:
A|-3-
E|-1-
C|-5-
G|-0-
that one is doubling up on f

that chord is still a G. as long as all the notes being played in a chord are G, B, and D. in this case the notes used are G, D, G, and D. that last D played on the A string is there to make the transition from G to Cadd9 seem more subtle. so its missing the B note in the chord, but still a G.

hope this helps.

that chord is still a G. as long as all the notes being played in a chord are G, B, and D. in this case the notes used are G, D, G, and D.

Which makes it a G5 "power chord" which is not exactly a chord since you need three notes to make a chord.

Still sounds fab and I use them all the time... but it's not really a chord, just a couple notes that sound good together.

Which makes it a G5 "power chord" which is not exactly a chord since you need three notes to make a chord.

Still sounds fab and I use them all the time... but it's not really a chord, just a couple notes that sound good together.
aha thats right. i didnt realize that it would still be called a power chord on the uke. shoulda known better. my bad.

Top Bottom