Song Help Request Eddie Vedder's Into the Wild songs...

doh2122

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I was just wondering if any of you knew the chords for guaranteed by eddie vedder and the strum pattern for it....as well as the other songs that eddie played for the soundtrack of Into the Wild. Thanks!

http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/e/eddie_vedder/guaranteed_crd.htm

these chords work very well. not so much a strumming tune, i pluck A then G, then alternate back b/n E and C strings for each measure (like aldrines 'out to in' technique, but stay 'in'). play the C/E as 0403 and Dsus2 as 2200. D and Dsus2 only 2 counts each.

"late at nite i hear the trees singing with the dead, overhead" beautiful song. i'm gonna go play it now

Rise and society work very well on uke as well. rock onward

Last edited:
http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/e/eddie_vedder/guaranteed_crd.htm

these chords work very well. not so much a strumming tune, i pluck A then G, then alternate back b/n E and C strings for each measure (like aldrines 'out to in' technique, but stay 'in'). play the C/E as 0403 and Dsus2 as 2200. D and Dsus2 only 2 counts each.

"late at nite i hear the trees singing with the dead, overhead" beautiful song. i'm gonna go play it now

Rise and society work very well on uke as well. rock onward

sorry but I have no idea what "b/n E..." and all those mean. I just got my ukulele like couple days ago. Please teach me! haha..no but seriously help me out here brotha

sometimes tunes have plucking patterns as opposed to strumming patterns. so instead of 'down up down up etc.', you pluck (quickly. sorry, you gotta practice) a pattern of strings individually within the chord still to the beat of the song. sometimes you gotta use your imagination a bit when mirroring a guitar. mind you, you can still strum 'guaranteed', but that's not what ed's doing.
when you get a chord, take C, to write it, would be 0003. first second third strings open, "0", bottom string third fret, "3" - 0003
peruse the uke minutes and uke lessons on the site and my ukespeak won't seem so foreign. aldrine is a really really good teacher. there's more than enough info here for you gratis. good luck. jc

Top Bottom