[UK] Mighty Uke & James Hill - Sun 4th Dec

ukulefty

Reaction score
Is anyone going along to this? :)

The Mighty Uke is screening in Oxford this Sunday evening (4th Dec) at the Phoenix Picture House, followed by a performance by James Hill and a "strum along" sesson.

"Following the screening, ukulele virtuoso James Hill, regularly cited as ‘the best ukulele player in the world’, will take to the stage. The special appearance will turn into a giant ukulele strum-along as he leads the audience in a mass ukulele performance."

http://www.picturehouses.co.uk/cinema/Phoenix_Picturehouse/film/The_Mighty_Uke_Plus_Q_A_Strum_Along/

Tickets are £10 + booking fee.

I went to this in Brighton on Tuesday night and it was awesome! Great film - only *slight* criticism is that almost every segment left me wanting more. But then I guess it would have ended up being several hours long. The DVD has some extra shorts that help flesh it out more.

James Hill and his partner Anne were both lovely and charming. I had a quick chat and had them sign a CD for me. The performance was of course just sublime.

:)

You should definitely go. You get three things: a great film, a great concert and a great strum along.

If you have never seen James play, it is a must see concert. If have never seen seen James and Anne together, you REALLY must see them. Together they are truly wonderful. Anne is absolutely 50% of the act.

Annoyingly I bought the wrong size T-shirt. If you get a chance could you ask them if I could swap it while they're still in the uk. Seems a bit silly to post it back to canada to get it replaced. Might not be possible but maybe if they're holing up here for a bit before flying home.

if that makes any kind of sense!

:)

Only just heard about this, might have gotten to Brighton if I'd known. Saw JH at Cheltenham earlier in the year along with Bart etc.. at the festival, already booked time off work for 2012!

Top Bottom