UAS already!!!

jsigone

Reaction score
Picked up a Lanikai LU21C at the begining of the month, love playing the darn thing, but some days it didn't sounds right, maybe too humid or something. So I got some Aquila strings from MGM (low G). Sounds great now but getting some buzzing and doesn't sounds right on the higher frets when I try to play body surfing. I find I have to place me finger as far away from the metal divider for it not to buzz. Maybe my action is too high???

I find I like picking songs better then strumming all the time songs, so I want to get a tenor. So it comes down to my budget and what I want right??

I got $300 to spend right now and the three I'm looking at sound different. I've watched alot of you tube vids and read online reviews and still torn

1) Koa Pili Koko Tenor $320 shipped

2) Ohana TK-35G $280 shipped

3) Kala KA-FKT Spruce top maple side (I'm assumming laminate) $260 shipped

4) wait another month and step up to a PONO PTO-E Solid Mahogany $400 or better.

What is your thought? Would you consider anything these a decent upgrade of the LU21C?

YO! sup

um from what i understand the buzzing is because the action is to low. i remember someone telling me that. cause the buzzing is caused by the string touching the metal fret dviders someone correct me if im wrong though.
so i guess you can try to make the action higher? i know some people jjust get the whole saddle changed. try contacting the company see waht they can do.

oh and the new ukulele. the koa pili koko is nice !

rayan has one here he made a vid about it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GYZGv0WXVQ
(its similiar to the koa) its part of the same family

if your not getting that then definitly go with a pono! check MGM on ebay he has a buncha ponos solid mahogony for like 400-600 he has some curly koa in the high 500 and low 600! think about it!

get at me if you need anything =)

if your not getting that then definitly go with a pono! check MGM on ebay he has a buncha ponos solid mahogony for like 400-600 he has some curly koa in the high 500 and low 600! think about it!

yah thats the problem, I'm thinking about it too much LOL:eek: I don't want to settle for the KPK then get the UAS bug next month and get a PONO which is what I'm really leaning towards.

About the fluke, I thought about it, would need the fret bd upgrade but the other still look better to me.

There is a uke shop on Carlsbad I'm gonna try and go to after work, see what they have. And what they say about my LU21 buzzing a bit.

Top Bottom