Fs: Gibson baritone

Status
Not open for further replies.

strumsilly

Reaction score
PRICE REDUCTION $675

I am playing mostly tenor and this beauty is not getting played, so I'm offering it for sale again. I got seller;s remorse and pulled it after one day last May, here it is again, so act fast before I change my mind.

This "63 Gibson Baritone [#108057] has extensive finish checking, but only one small crack and a few dings on the heel.the crack is about 2 inches long and stable, it is under the heel block and may not even go all the way through. It is not very noticeable.
The bridge lifting up on the corners because the top is bowed up beyond bridge. This seems to be common for this instrument as the only other 2 I have seen had this same flaw. all defects are stable and haven't changed since I've owned it. The other defect I note is the 3rd string nut slot is a little wide, I had put a small piece of tape under it,but it plays fine without it.
Tuners were mismatched so I changed them, will include originals. see 1st photoshop pict. The only other thing I have done was to install truss rod cover, it was missing.and installed nicer bridge pins[ from stewmac] the others were slipping.

natural finish, all mahogany body, tortoise plastic binding on top, 14-fret mahogany neck, rosette, rosewood fretboard, dot inlays, 20 frets, rosewood (pin) bridge, truss rod

strung up with Southcoast linear {GCEA}and sounds and plays great.

comes with newer HSC. $675 SHIPPED TO CONUS. PM me for shipping to other locations.
OUTSIDE008.jpg

see http://s1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb376/avm1/gibson bari/

I hesitate to put this sound sample up as my webcam mike is awful , but here it is anyway, it sounds awesome in person.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KvuXidWAtk

Last edited:
I know it's a leap of faith to buy an expensive instrument without playing it, so if you buy this and are not 100% happy after you receive it and get a chance to actually play it, you may return it for a full refund. you just pay the shipping back.

PRICE REDUCTION $675.00 ? OBO. somebody buy this before it goes to ebay, I'd rather keep it in the family.

Last edited:
yea, I was embarrassed at my poor playing. I started learning "Pancho & Lefty" in a Travis style and it sounds so good on this uke I'm not that excited about selling it. Thanks to all who passed up on it. So I'm gonna keep it. You all missed out on a good one.

Thats twice you dodged a bullet on this one ! One of these days your gonna goof and put it up when my pocked book will tolerate it lol'. Kind of a replacement for that dove I let go many many years ago.

Yes I was drooling all over that..You will not find a nicer gibson...I can understand why you held back again and firm on the price..don't blame you one bit..

Thread closed, OP decided not to sell . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom