PDA

View Full Version : NEW KAMAKA UKE DAY!! Concert long-neck

kamaka_4_life
12-01-2011, 03:23 PM
I am extremely happy, excited, and blessed to have received such a beautiful new instrument today. I went down just a few hours ago to pick up my new Kamaka Concert Long Neck Ukulele. The wood is so beautiful on this uke, and I am so thrilled at the results. Six weeks of waiting sure felt like an eternity, but I am glad I finally brought this marvelous uke home. I will record a vid and post a sound sample later, but I have to swap new strings as I do not like the stock Kamaka strings at all!! :rolleyes I am not the best photographer, but I took a few pics with my Iphone. Hope u enjoy, and thanks for the support guys! Tell me what you think :o
:30557305583055930560

Hippie Dribble
12-01-2011, 03:30 PM
man, congrats...that is just a sweetheart..the grain on that koa is crazy and if I ever buy another Kamaka it'll have the ebony headplate. Awesome choice bro...happy playing!!!! :)

kamaka_4_life
12-01-2011, 03:34 PM
man, congrats...that is just a sweetheart..the grain on that koa is crazy and if I ever buy another Kamaka it'll have the ebony headplate. Awesome choice bro...happy playing!!!! :)
Thank you so much!! I'm glad you like the choices I made haha :)

foxfair
12-01-2011, 03:52 PM
Now it is a lovely uke! Congrats on the new uke, how about the sound? do you like it...

allanr
12-01-2011, 03:53 PM
Congratulations! The wood on that Kamaka is stunning!

kamaka_4_life
12-01-2011, 04:12 PM
Now it is a lovely uke! Congrats on the new uke, how about the sound? do you like it...

Thank you, and the sound is alright, but I plan on changing the strings tomorrow ;)

kamaka_4_life
12-01-2011, 04:13 PM
Congratulations! The wood on that Kamaka is stunning!

Thanks for the kind words :)

joeybug
12-01-2011, 04:21 PM
Congrats! :drool: That is one nice looking Kamaka!!! Happy New Uke Day :D

philpot
12-01-2011, 04:31 PM
That is probably one of the prettiest ukuleles I have ever seen.

kamaka_4_life
12-01-2011, 04:39 PM
Congrats! :drool: That is one nice looking Kamaka!!! Happy New Uke Day :D\

Thank you very much!! I love this new uke :)

kamaka_4_life
12-01-2011, 04:39 PM
That is probably one of the prettiest ukuleles I have ever seen.

WOW, haha thank you for saying that, I am honored and blessed to have such a nice uke.

Ronnie Aloha
12-01-2011, 04:43 PM
I can't wait to hear you play it!

mascompro
12-01-2011, 04:45 PM
Long Neck.......Concert........Kamaka :drool: Congrats

Nickie
12-01-2011, 04:47 PM
Wow, it's gorgeous! I hope you have a ball with it!

Big_e
12-01-2011, 05:24 PM
Congrats, that is one beautiful uke!
Ernest

Trinimon
12-01-2011, 06:11 PM
I say this a lot but... Damn!! That's one mighty sweet look'n uke brah! I love those curls and the ebony headstock! Well worth waiting for fo sure!! Can't wait to hear her sing! :)
Congrats! :)

Drew Bear
12-01-2011, 06:28 PM
Congrats! I'm sure the color, grain & curl look even better in person. I also would like to hear her. I've heard sound clips of long-neck Concert, but not a Soprano.

kamaka_4_life
12-01-2011, 06:54 PM
Thank you everyone for the wonderful comments. I will be changing the strings tomorrow to worth's strung high g so once that's done, I will make a vid and share it with you all. I didn't make a video today because I don't like the sound of the stock Kamaka strings so I didn't think it would do the uke justice, but the vid will be up shortly :)

MisterRios
12-01-2011, 06:56 PM
I was wondering why the uke was even cooler than a normal Kamaka, and it's the ebony headplate that is making me do a double take. Very very nice. Can't wait to see it in action!

coriandre
12-01-2011, 06:57 PM
Contrats ! It's a real beauty !

bdukes
12-01-2011, 07:06 PM
Forgive me Father for I covet another man's uke. She's a beauty. Enjoy it.

kamaka_4_life
12-01-2011, 07:12 PM
I was wondering why the uke was even cooler than a normal Kamaka, and it's the ebony headplate that is making me do a double take. Very very nice. Can't wait to see it in action!

Haha yeah, I love the sail of the concert uke because it is so unique :) Adding the ebony plate just makes it that much more AWESOME!

kamaka_4_life
12-01-2011, 07:13 PM
Forgive me Father for I covet another man's uke. She's a beauty. Enjoy it.

OMG, that made me seriously LMFAO!!! Thank you so much!

mm stan
12-01-2011, 07:38 PM
Howzit brah,
Congrats ...on man ...you makin' me jealous..Happy Strummings.. Have fun and enjoy...lookin' sweet..

Lexxy
12-01-2011, 08:18 PM
I want one!!!!!!

arpie
12-01-2011, 08:22 PM
That is drop dead gorgeous!! Congratulations - you'll have difficulty putting it down to go to bed!!

Roberta

mds725
12-01-2011, 08:28 PM
Congratulations on the new Kamaka! I hope you love it as much as we all do. :)

kamaka_4_life
12-01-2011, 08:45 PM
Howzit brah,
Congrats ...on man ...you makin' me jealous..Happy Strummings.. Have fun and enjoy...lookin' sweet..
Thank you so much!!! :)

kamaka_4_life
12-01-2011, 08:45 PM
That is drop dead gorgeous!! Congratulations - you'll have difficulty putting it down to go to bed!!

Roberta

You are so right, I have a hard time putting it back in its case :p

kamaka_4_life
12-01-2011, 08:46 PM
Congratulations on the new Kamaka! I hope you love it as much as we all do. :)

Thank you sir, I love it more than anything in this world!!!!!!!!!!!!!

molokinirum
12-02-2011, 01:47 AM
That is some stunning Koa wood!! She is a true beauty and I bet it sounds real sweet too!!!
Congratulations!!!

kamaka_4_life
12-02-2011, 07:22 AM
That is some stunning Koa wood!! She is a true beauty and I bet it sounds real sweet too!!!
Congratulations!!!

Yes, it is beautiful, even better looking in person :) She sounds sweet, but I have to change the strings and play her more to open her up ;)

BadLands Bart
12-02-2011, 11:58 AM
Ahhh another beautiful Kamaka ukulele!! Stunning!!
Congratulations

Uncle Leroy
12-02-2011, 12:02 PM
NICE one Bra'

kamaka_4_life
12-03-2011, 05:58 AM
Ahhh another beautiful Kamaka ukulele!! Stunning!!
Congratulations

Thank you so much :)

ItsAMeCasey
12-03-2011, 07:13 AM
Nice Kamaka dude! Just curious though, how come you chose a long neck concert as opposed to a tenor?

Maxjunk
12-03-2011, 07:51 AM
Gorgeous uke! Congrats :)

Gillian
12-03-2011, 07:59 AM
Nice Kamaka dude! Just curious though, how come you chose a long neck concert as opposed to a tenor?

Forgive me for jumping in here, but I had to make the same choice a week ago. I played a Kamaka tenor, then played the long-neck concert and thought it sounded just as lovely as the tenor. The clincher was the wood. While the tenor's wood was plain, the long-neck concert's was flamed koa throughout, just like Kamaka_4_Life's.

kamaka_4_life
12-03-2011, 10:31 AM

LOL Gillian pretty much answered your question, however to add to that, I wanted something that looked, sounded, felt, and played differently. I've had my tenor kamaka for almost 5 years, and I didn't want to purchase another one that's why I decided on the concert. I actually like the sound almost as much as the tenor, and the comfort of holding and playing it is wonderful. I'm a big guy, but the tenor feels a little less comfortable when I play opposed to the concert. I just have to keep playing this new uke to let it open up and sound amazing as the years go by :) thanks guy for all the wonderful comments, and i'll post a vid soon. I recorded one last night, but the sound was really loud and distorted so i'll re-do it again soon!!

kamaka_4_life
12-03-2011, 10:32 AM
Gorgeous uke! Congrats :)

Thank you Maxjunk!!!

kamaka_4_life
12-03-2011, 10:37 AM
Forgive me for jumping in here, but I had to make the same choice a week ago. I played a Kamaka tenor, then played the long-neck concert and thought it sounded just as lovely as the tenor. The clincher was the wood. While the tenor's wood was plain, the long-neck concert's was flamed koa throughout, just like Kamaka_4_Life's.

No problem in jumping in Gillian, you answered my question well :) Thanks so much for your comment, and I hope your long-neck concert sounds amazing once it's done! Don't forget to post pics as well lol

Gillian
12-03-2011, 01:36 PM
No problem in jumping in Gillian, you answered my question well :) Thanks so much for your comment, and I hope your long-neck concert sounds amazing once it's done! Don't forget to post pics as well lol

It doesn't take long for a thread to get 11 pages deep in this forum!

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?56082-New-Uke-Day-Kamaka-Longneck-Concert

I'm still experimenting with strings. So far I've gone through three kinds...Kamaka's, low-g Aquilas ( I just don't like their wound low-g), and now I've got Martin 600s on it, which is the winner so far. They are bright, but not sharp-sounding, if that makes any sense.

gyosh
12-03-2011, 03:25 PM
[QUOTE=I'm still experimenting with strings. So far I've gone through three kinds...Kamaka's, low-g Aquilas ( I just don't like their wound low-g), and now I've got Martin 600s on it, which is the winner so far. They are bright, but not sharp-sounding, if that makes any sense.[/QUOTE]

Hey Gillian,

Try the Southcoast G650's. They have a wound "G" and "c" (I don't know if you dislike wound) that produce a really balanced sound on the Kamaka's. They've actually improved the sound of every uke I've put them on so far. Email Dirk and let him know what you're after and he'll be able to make a great suggestion for you. Hope it works out.

-Gary

kamaka_4_life
12-03-2011, 04:00 PM
It doesn't take long for a thread to get 11 pages deep in this forum!

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?56082-New-Uke-Day-Kamaka-Longneck-Concert

I'm still experimenting with strings. So far I've gone through three kinds...Kamaka's, low-g Aquilas ( I just don't like their wound low-g), and now I've got Martin 600s on it, which is the winner so far. They are bright, but not sharp-sounding, if that makes any sense.

OMG, so sorry, I think I even commented on your post LOL my bad dude, but yeah u got a beautiful long-neck concert as well!!!

kamaka_4_life
12-03-2011, 04:01 PM
Hey Gillian,

Try the Southcoast G650's. They have a wound "G" and "c" (I don't know if you dislike wound) that produce a really balanced sound on the Kamaka's. They've actually improved the sound of every uke I've put them on so far. Email Dirk and let him know what you're after and he'll be able to make a great suggestion for you. Hope it works out.

-Gary

Those sound interesting, I actually put worth's stung high g on mine, and it sound and plays real nice. I'm starting to love the sound of the worth's!