New Uke Day

shrink9

Reaction score
Wow!!!! I want to share my excitement over what UPS delivered a short while ago.

Here are the photos:

Kamaka 8 String Tenor a.jpgKamaka 8 String Tenor e.jpgKamaka 8 String Tenor f.JPGKamaka 8 String Tenor g.JPGKamaka 8 String Tenor b.JPG

I would write more but I'm going to be busy for a while checking this one out. I'm sure you'll understand!

Allen

PS: It is SOOOOO much prettier in real life--the pics don't even begin to show the degree of curl in this koa.

Congratulations! She's a beaut. I've tried all sorts of angles and lighting to capture the "3D-ness" of koa curl, but haven't got it just yet. Maybe I need one of those 3D cameras?
U4.jpg

Beautiful. It even comes with a spare pair of strings already installed!

Congratulations! Looks amazing!

Congratulations! That's a beautiful ukulele! I especially like the striped grain on the sides and thed curl in the headstock koa, but the whole uke is stunning. I'm sure the koa is even more beautiful in person.

Where did you buy it, if you don't mind my asking? I bought this Kamaka 8-string in Sepember and after struggling for a bit with the extra set of strings (fretting has to be more precise to avoid inadvertently touching adjacent strings), I've grown to really love playing it. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine!

Wow Allen, that's amazing mate. Wonderful choice!

Sweet! But, wait, aren't there too many tuners, are you sure that's not a Koa mandolin? (jk) LOL

Congrats! Gorgeous

Oh my! That is lovely. Congratulations!

That is a sweet uke!! Congratulations

Congratulations Allen,
Surprised you had time to post..he he....looks sweeeeet....Happy Uke Day...and Happy Strummings..

I dunno, it looks like too many strings there. It may not be a real Kamaka. Go ahead and send it to me, and I'll test it out for you. Never can be too sure! ;)

Thank you everybody for the feedback. It truly is a beautiful uke--and the sound is just as beautiful. I played a lot of Christmas and children's songs this afternoon and was quite pleased. Believe it or not, I rushed home at one point because I realized that the curl shows much more in some lighting than in others. When I first opened the case, the curl looked stunning. It still does but, like I said, it is much more obvious in certain lighting than others.

Just when I thought that I had bought my last one for a while, along comes another one!!! I think that I am going to have to let a few go one of these days! Darned UAS--actually, it's not the UAS that is the problem--the problem is not enough space!!!!

Any way, I thank you all for sharing in my excitement.

Happy Holidays, all of you.

Allen

Congrats Allen ! It is a beautiful ukulele.
I like the idea of an 8 string ukulele.......I really enjoy 12 string guitar.

I can only echo all the sentiments already said here and say that is a most beautiful ukulele. It must be a joy to strum and can only improve your playing and practice time! Enjoy!
Ernest

Top Bottom