Trade Pono Uke for Baby Taylor or Big Baby Taylor Guitar

Mouthy1

Reaction score
If anyone has a baby or a big baby Taylor guitar out there, I would consider trading a uke for one. I have a Pono Cedartop Tenor that may be one but probably not equal trade. Just checking. I want to get my wife a smaller guitar since she said she always wanted to play one. Now I am thinking about learning with her although clearly I am a Uke man. Anyway, just checking to see what is out there.

Taylor gs mini is the way to go.

Sure, I will look at one of those too. I listened to one at the store and it sounded very good. Anyone have one?

I love my Big Baby Taylor. Straight off the rack it sounded great but I’ve tweaked mine a little bit with a new nut, saddle, Grover tuners with ebony knobs, rosewood truss rod cover.

Every now and then, I’ll check out other 6 string acoustics to see if I might want to upgrade but I’ve still yet to find something that personally struck me as sounding better than the BBT (at least not in its general price range).

I love my Big Baby Taylor. Straight off the rack it sounded great but I’ve tweaked mine a little bit with a new nut, saddle, Grover tuners with ebony knobs, rosewood truss rod cover.

Every now and then, I’ll check out other 6 string acoustics to see if I might want to upgrade but I’ve still yet to find something that personally struck me as sounding better than the BBT (at least not in its general price range).

This is the reason why I eagerly wait the arrival of the Taylor Uke:)

The GS Minis are remarkable for the price and very easy to install a pick up for about $100 more. I have owned a Big Baby Taylor since the first came out. It's my classroom guitar. If I was in the market for a smaller guitar, the GS Mini would be it. They are better quality than the Big Baby imho and sorry, I'm not interested in trading. Good luck with your trade.

Glad to hear the accolades. I will keep checking back.

Got your PM's. I bought one on Ebay about 3 hours ago for $305. Would rather have the GS mini for myself since I just went and checked out new ones but I was getting happy with the darn "one click bid" button. Oh well. So now I need just a Baby Taylor or a GS Mini.

I have a GS mini and it is light years ahead of the Baby. It is a fun guitar, serious fun. I have been playing it more than my ukes!

Are still going to get rid of the Pono Cedartop? PM me if so.

I replied to my PM's. I am really looking for a Taylor GS Mini now that I went to the store and played one. I would sell the Pono I suppose too.

A noobie or visitor might get a bit of a shock when they read the abbreviated thread title showing to the right of this forum on the forum menu page. It says:

"Trade Pono Uke for Baby..."

Okay, I am a fool. I bought the big baby, the baby AND the mini gs. What was I thinking??? Damn ebay!

Moderators, please close this thread so I am not reminded of this foolishness!

I am not a guitar guy but I played all three next to a bunch of others and they all sounded fantastic honestly!

Wow. The trifecta! Wanna go for four? Blueridge has a really nice sounding Baby (BB-41) that I'd say gives the GS a run for about $100 - $150 less.

Congrats on the new collection. And delete your eBay bookmark!

still looking to trade your pono for a big baby? I have one with a Martin case up on ebay now..going uke and like what I hear about PONO..
mike

Sorry, I just bought 3 Taylors. No patience=$$$

Top Bottom