Sad Ukulele World News

Total Bummer. I listen to him on my Pandora channel every day. It will be tough to fill that void.

God's speed Bill.

Just read the news myself, sad to hear Uncle Bill is gone. Thanks to Bill for all he gave us!

What an amazing life lived to the fullest. RIP Bill.

RIP Bill Tapia

Our great friend and grandfather of the Ukulele, Bill Tapia passed last night in his sleep at age 103.

Volumes of stories and praise will be written for our wonderful friend, and many will do so at a later time,
but for now all our prayers and thoughts are with Bill, his family and many friends.

Aloha Bill. Your legacy remains

EDIT: My bad. I didn't realized this news had been posted earlier.

Attachments

• bill tapia.jpg
    bill tapia.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
RIP Bill Tapia. He was a legend of the ukulele and music in general. Created history and lived through it no one will ever be like him.

Wow...one of my absolute favorite Ukesters....He'll be missed.

RIP Bill Tapia. He was a legend of the ukulele and music in general. Created history and lived through it no one will ever be like him.

Ninety years of creating music! He got his first ukulele from none other than Manuel Nunes. No, there will be no other like him......

Last edited:
Mahalo Nui Bill for all you have entertained and taught us about music and the ukulele...and keeping the ukulele movement alive..Rip buddy...I know you will be strummin' that uke up there..

Very sad day for music in general & the ukulele in particular. Was listening to his birthday concert CD just yesterday. What a legacy he leaves...

Aloha, Tappy!

He will be missed. Almost 104 years old. Lot'sa Ukulele Joy spread in those years I'm sure. RIP.

He grew up in the same neighborhood as me a streeto over... about 50 years earlier...Amazing man dedicated to music and the ukulele....Rip Bill mahalo for all you've done and the memories..
Yup from Liliha as well..Just off Kuakini Street across the street of Kuakini Hospital......Da Ole stomping grounds..

Last edited:
My condolences to the Tapia family. Mr. Tapia thank you for the memories. Its the end of an era in Ukulele.

RIP Bill. The music in Heaven just got a whole lot sweeter!

With all the different styles of music he played, he truly was an ambassador for the 'ukulele.
Thank you Bill for you lifetime of great music.

Gods speed

Top Bottom