Pua Nani by 5:05 (Ben Vegas) My first arrangement! (instrumental)

RyRod

Reaction score
I found this song earlier this year (yes, a little late here on the mainland) and it quickly became one of my favorites. Written by Ben Vegas of 5:05.

This is my own arrangement and my first. I'm pretty proud of how it came out.

The original song modulates up to C# (not a uke-friendly key) from C, and with some guidance from Jon Prown (ukejon) I figured it out. He suggested to just go up to D. It's a little harder to play all the way up there but I tried.

Played on my Dave Talsma custom walnut and cedar tenor with southcoast strings.

I'm sure all the kama'aina already know the song but I'll attach the original for those people who are not as well versed in comtemporary Hawaiian music (as they should be).

Original

Acoustic

Nicely done . . . the half step up is just as difficult on the vocals so we just go back to the C. Lately I've been doing it in F (easier on the vocal range).

Thanks, Danny!

That half step just screws everything up for people who aren't Ben Vegas. I'm not sure how I like going up to D though. Maybe I'll just go back to C as well, but being an instrumental I don't want it to get repetitive. It will be a work in progress for awhile.

One of my favorite songs as well, this is really, really good. You have every right to be proud of it.

Aloha Ryan,
Two words......SHAKA BRAH!..............................BO........................

One of my favorite songs as well, this is really, really good. You have every right to be proud of it.

Thanks!

Ryan- that's great stuff, man.... missed it the first time around, glad you gave it a bump. Really nice arrangement and great playing, as always....

Thanks! I should know better than to post stuff on weekends. Nobody is around here. Probably playing their ukes like they should be.

Aloha Ryan,
Two words......SHAKA BRAH!..............................BO........................

Mahalo Brah! Ha, thanks, Bo.

ha, I got this song on my iPhone! Your rendition sounds fantastic. That's good Hawaiian da'kine, brah! lol

Mahalo again! It should be on everyone's phone.

Top Bottom