the piano coda from "Layla"

keonepax

Verified Account
Reaction score
"Layla" is one of my all-time favorite songs... the signature guitar riff by Duane Allman, those wailing guitars that capture the angst of a love triangle, and that gorgeous piano coda that makes up the second half of the song.

It's my goal to try to record the first half of "Layla" someday, but I thought a simple version of the piano coda might be doable. So here's my attempt.

You can read all about the background story on "Layla" in Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Layla

Love this song...one of my favorite too...and this part of the song is beautiful....John,it's fantastic,congratulation...BRAVO,thanks...

Fantastic, John!

Great job. If you later do the first half of "Layla", you should just append this to the end of it and have the whole song.

Thanks, friends! uke4ia, I made another title-less version of this video in hopes of doing just that. But that guitar riff is pretty tough! They call me "Slowhand" and they mean it!

slowhand or not mate, this had me fom start to finish...just the sweetest, smoothest playing and superb production. One of my faves of yours among many. What a gorgeous melody it is. Like. Favorited. Hmmm...what else is left to do :)

Thanks, Eugene and Bill! Really appreciate it!

Oops, sorry Jon, I thought your name was Eugene, but I just saw your "When You Wish Upon a Star" thread!

when i first looked at the title of the thread I thoguht it said 'pina colada' instead of 'piano coda' and i was very confused :eek:

I appreciate your talent. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, Gary! Wolfybau, I had considering the title "piano outro" instead of piano coda. I don't know which would be better. I wonder how Eric Clapton refers to the part of the song??

Nicely played! Great idea to adapt this piece for uke. I've always been intrigued by the song Layla, the outro was such a surprising element back when I first heard it. All these years later it still stands up as a magical piece.

Thanks, etudes! I hadn't watched this one for a while! :)

I hadn't seen it until today. Thanks for bringing it back. Nice touch with the photos of the lady herself, shame it all ended in tears.

Top Bottom