L&L Kanikapila, Norcal Style

808boy

Reaction score
Aloha all,
What a wonderful time I had last night in Sacramento. "Kanaka916" invited me to a Kanikapila at L&L Hawa'n. BBQ. Didn't know what to expect but was delighted to find 16 ukulele players (myself included) jamming to all kinds of music. The Aloha Spirit was as thick as Norcal Valley fog. Nice to meet all of them. Of course I can't remember their names but it was a pleasure to meet fellow uke enthusiast (4 of them were women) and they all can jam.
"Two dogs plucking" was in attendance and was cool to meet someone who builds ukes. He showed us one of his ukes and got favorable reviews. It was light and playability was great. I wish him luck in his pursuit to build a uke we all can be proud of.
Looking forward to doing it again soon. Hey RyanMFT, you up for it?
Big time Mahaloz to "Kanaka916" for turning me on to Kanikapila Night at L&L.............................BO........................

Aloha Bo,
it was great to meet you last night, I had a blast. Three hours of smiles and ukulele music. Those two 'troublemakers ' in the back row were cracking me up. And +1 for Kanaka916, he's a good guy. Hope to see you up there again soon. And thanks for the kind words.

Steve

Howzit ... Bo, was great meeting you (finally) and like you said, really a small world (since I know Chris and Connie). I hope you enjoyed Friday night. I know kinda intimidating not knowing what to expect and not knowing the folks. But now you know how things go. Drop me line fo the next time you guys come down. I was really glad there was a good crowd which made it easier. I don't get the chance to do it as much because of work schedule but when the opportunity to meet other players, cannot pass it up . . . eh if you stay looking for C&K or Kalapana or odda local kine stuff, lemme know and I see if can hook you up.

And Steve . . . really great seeing you again. I'm really looking forward to that 8 string as well as your other builds. Your builds are really improving and Like Carla said, gotta come up with some kinda logo. That will go a long way to get noticed.

Y'all enjoy the Holidays . . . Mele Kalikimaka meka Hau`oli Makahiki Hou to you and the family.

Glad you had a great time Bo! I am interested, let me know next time and I will drive out......only an hour from me!

Not sure I'm ready to jam (been playing 1 year) but would love to come by get a mix plate and listen.

Not sure I'm ready to jam (been playing 1 year) but would love to come by get a mix plate and listen.
Just drop on by if you get the chance and listen. Not sure who's gonna be there, but somebody will be there. I don't get there as often as I used to because of my work schedule. If given advanced notice, I could probably swing it. Next time I make there will probably be when Bo gets back from the Islands.

Just drop on by if you get the chance and listen. Not sure who's gonna be there, but somebody will be there. I don't get there as often as I used to because of my work schedule. If given advanced notice, I could probably swing it. Next time I make there will probably be when Bo gets back from the Islands.

Thanks. Not sure I can get by in the next couple of weeks, anyway. I'll put it on the calendar.

Top Bottom