"All For Me Grog"

H

Hippie Dribble

traditional. Irish.

rollicking 3 chord folk tune from the 1700's; part sea shanty, part drunkard's lament.

I used a Collings Koa concert uke, strung with aquila strings. I don't normally use these strings but for some reason, they are a good match for Collings ukes. VERY LOUD and, listening back, I struggled to sing over it! When I get some new sets of fluorocarbons I'll try them out on this uke, as I have a feeling they might offer a more sympathetic voice, but until then these will suffice...

Hope you enjoy it and many thanks for watching! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui43bX4LM_4

Oh man, ok it's maybe 1985 and it's a Sunday evening but once more i'm In Chapmans bar in worthing. I have to be up about 5am to get the train back to Bristol for another weeks work but right now i'm full of tanglefoot ale and listening to uncle John's band singing 'all for me grog'...

Hurry up and make the video public so I can relive those happy days! ;)

Oh man, ok it's maybe 1985 and it's a Sunday evening but once more i'm In Chapmans bar in worthing. I have to be up about 5am to get the train back to Bristol for another weeks work but right now i'm full of tanglefoot ale and listening to uncle John's band singing 'all for me grog'...

Hurry up and make the video public so I can relive those happy days! ;)

oh shucks..did it again...fixed now Gav! Clearly I've had too many myself he he... :eek:

Ah that's better - it's all coming back to me now! It's a great old tune and love your rendition of it. Now, where can I get me some grog at this time of night! :)

Aloha Eugene,
Wow it sounds amazing and loud...loved it..and the song great job...yes yes I want one too...it's Koa too..woo hoo....my favorite....:agree::drool:

great job! I enjoyed it but I have to say it looked a little odd with you playing a concert. Aren't you usually on a soprano? :)

Ah that's better - it's all coming back to me now! It's a great old tune and love your rendition of it. Now, where can I get me some grog at this time of night! :)

well brother, if you're anything like me, straight of the shelf above the kitchen sink!!!! he he...shucks...did I just say that...no shame, clearly

Love your picking there, Jon - just lovely! I'll be trying to do that some day soon, too - I seem to have too many fingers tho!

Great rendition!
cheerio
Roberta

Very good Eugene....picking,voice...all very good....ohhh,I think I have the same shirt as you,héhé!!
Thanks brother...

Very good Eugene....picking,voice...all very good....ohhh,I think I have the same shirt as you,héhé!!
Thanks brother...

I must agree, this is truly great work. As for the shirt, well, uke players have always set a very high standard regarding their attire, it's nice to see the tradition continue.
All the best,
Campbell

This is great stuff, Jon, and I like the way you keep the beat with both feet. The late New Orleans pianist Eddie Bo once told me that if you 'walk the beat' it's so much easier to stay in the pocket. And certainly, he was right.

great job! I enjoyed it but I have to say it looked a little odd with you playing a concert. Aren't you usually on a soprano? :)
he he...thanks Dean,
yeah mate, usually a soprano...the concert dwarfs me a bit I admit, but it's nice to have that bigger, warmer sound every now and then!

Love your picking there, Jon - just lovely! I'll be trying to do that some day soon, too - I seem to have too many fingers tho!

Great rendition!
cheerio
Roberta
hey Roberta, thanks for chiming in mate. Yeah, I certainly don't have the 'too many fingers' problem...shucks...only got one that's ever willing to a day's work for a day's pay...the rest are either too laxy or too embarrassed to join in..hmmm...I call it the ol 'one-finger-Tasie-redneck' style picking technique...would like to be smoother at using them all...something to keep working at I guess!!!! Cheers buddy :)

Great one Jon !

I had a vision of sitting at a bar with a bunch of bearded pirates listening to this !

Great job mate. I don't know where you and Drbekken get all these little gems from, I've never heard of most of them but I always want learn em.

Top Bottom