Johnny Marvin Professional Tenor Ukulele

j_gunderson

Reaction score
I have had this Uke for over 30 years. Missing one peg for tuning one of the strings and it has one crack in the back of it. The case is there too but it's in rough shape. After seeing some of the other Uke's on this site it looks like I could sell it. What would be the best way to go about this?
I had a lot of fun playing this and I am sure it would be able to be tuned up with a little work.....Looks like it's from the 1930's ????

I have had this Uke for over 30 years. Missing one peg for tuning one of the strings and is has one crack in the back of it. The case is there too but it's in rough shape. After seeing some of the other Uke's on this site it looks like I could sell it. What would be the best way to go about this?
I had a lot of fun playing this and I am sure it would be able to be tuned up with a little work.....Looks like it's from the 1930's ????

sure you can sell it mate...

1. just write your UU name and the date on a piece of paper on one of the photos you upload for the sale, just to verify all is above board.

2. When you do your post with your photos, click on the 'go advanced' tag on the bottom LHS of the page, and then click 'manange attachments' at the bottom...you'll then be given options to browse and upload your pictures.

3. Set an asking price and try and provide as much detail as possible about the instrument as you can

Then it's up to the buyers I guess. Good luck with the sale mate! :)

OK.... I'll be getting this listed here I guess. I would probably do better here than E-Bay don't you think?

Last edited:
OK.... I'll be getting this listed here I guess. I would probably do better here than E-Bay don't you think?

try here on the marketplace, and on fleamarketmusic.

If all else fails then evil bay is an option for sure...never can tell on ebay...I've had some good value sales there and some shockers that barely covered costs...all about timing I suppose, and that can't always be predicted

better-no ebay fees and no hassles with non paying buyers. you don't have as wide an audience though, but nothing lost by trying here first. I may be interested, let's see what you got. I hope it's a Prince of Wales>

I may be interested as well. I prefer the sunburst mahogany model.

I would probably do better here than E-Bay don't you think?
Not necessarily. People on ebay often spend outrageous amounts of money on worthless junk. Like a supposed fart by Britney Spears captured in a tupperware container. I often see last minute bidding frenzies that drive the price of a common item (e.g., an inkjet cartridge) way above list.

What you'll get here at UU is a more knowledgeable target audience interested in a good deal, but willing to pay a fair price. What you won't find is people easily fooled by a piece of junk being touted as some rare/valuable antique being sold for a ridiculous price. And I'm not saying your uke is junk, either. I really don't know anything about them. :)

Along with an asking price, be sure to include your terms, such as payment options, shipping, etc.

Good luck with your sale.

You got another biter here...will be waiting...although Hmgberg and Eugene should get first dibbs...

Last edited:
Top Bottom