"When You Wish Upon A Star"

H

Hippie Dribble

1940. Leigh Harline and Ned Washington.

opening song from the famous Walt Disney animated film 'Pinocchio' (1940), it is also repeated during the final scene of the movie, and has since become the representative song of the Walt Disney company. Originally sung by Cliff Edwards in the character of Jiminy Cricket. For me it's the best score of all the Disney Films.

I recorded this arrangement today in key of 'F'. Took the chords from the version in Jim Beloff's "Ukulele Gems"...tweaked a bit here, added a bit there. Could sure do with some improving....shucks I struggle with instrumentals as I'm not a good enough player to deal with the tricky chords, but I do like making some occasionally. I want to practice at making it faster and smoother. Such an awesome song though. Guess this is a draft but probably a final given my patience...:eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z3H0QF2tIQ

Cheers for listening gang. :)

Lovely Mate...reconized it right off the bat...nice n sweet...thank you for sharing.....Happy Strummings..
Nice Rasta Fari cap....I've seen those before made by a famous Knitter..they are hard to come by you know...maybe a couple exists..

Last edited:
Really nice Jon, it's nice to see you tackle something a little different. Enjoyed it! I always loved that song...

One of my favorite songs . Sounded great , thanks .

Ohhh...great,love this song and this Walt Disney's film...one of my favorite with 'the aristocats'...

Thanks Jon. You did know that today is Walt's birthday, right? Very tasty rendition but I was hoping for a little crooning!

Disappointing Jon, I must say.

Very nice as far as it goes, but I was expecting vocals. If Cliff Edwards can hit that high octave on the final note, I figured you might do the octave and maybe raise him one!

Top Bottom