Jayhawks - Angelyne (2kulele cover)

Hi, Russ! Love the uke. 2 questions! What company makes the "2kulele" and how's the distance between the necks in terms of making chords and stuff on the top neck?

I didn't know National Geographic had centerfolds!

Russ buddy..
This is a crazy video.... I wondered and didn't think they even actually made these things but then again.. why wouldn't they??

but yeah it sounds awesome!!
really nice

Hi, Russ! Love the uke. 2 questions! What company makes the "2kulele" and how's the distance between the necks in terms of making chords and stuff on the top neck?

he made it himself: here

thanks! this was built from mashing together two grizzly.com uke kits. the distance between necks is 2.75" at the top, to 2.5" near the body. at first, i was concerned that it might not be enough space to play that top neck properly, but it works out fine. i have no problems making chord shapes in that limited space.

and yes, national geographic has centerfolds. usually of maps and stuff. maps are hot, meow!

Russ, I was up in Reno gigging with the band last night and looking forward to this video. Awesome job. The Griz sounds just fine. I think the low G one went out of tune a bit during the recording but not bad. Those tuners they come with are a bitch to tune with. Great harmonies. Great on all fronts.

Russ, I was up in Reno gigging with the band last night and looking forward to this video. Awesome job. The Griz sounds just fine. I think the low G one went out of tune a bit during the recording but not bad. Those tuners they come with are a bitch to tune with. Great harmonies. Great on all fronts.

thanks Dominator! you're totally right about the tuning going bad mid-song. in fact you can see me fussing with the low G string tuning peg at the 2:30 mark. it was a little too late by then.:)

cheers!

Man, this is crazy sh... poop.

I am referring, of course, to your new moustache.

Totally awesome result for such a quick 'n' dirty uke-obotomy. In fact, I am touched by the deepness of your subliminal message that all ukes are one by reverse engineering these Siamese twins. One uke to rule them all.

Man, this is crazy sh... poop.

I am referring, of course, to your new moustache.

LOL:rofl:

Totally awesome result for such a quick 'n' dirty uke-obotomy. In fact, I am touched by the deepness of your subliminal message that all ukes are one by reverse engineering these Siamese twins. One uke to rule them all.

thanks UkeNinja! that is one interesting interpretation. i like it!

great job russ! I am in the middle of making my own grizzly.com uke but it seems kinda pointless now that i've seen that thing :worship:

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Top Bottom