Solid top Mahalo, Stupid Deal of the Day today at Musicians Friend $59

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colonel Uke

Reaction score
Aloha paulbsa,
Looks good to me. Last X-mas, I purchased 13 Diamond Head ukes for gifts and they were okay for $27.00. Very playable right out of the box. So it seems to me that Mahalos may have been better that the Diamond Heads but the store didn't have any. Go for it, you can always upgrade as she progresses. Great to have your children and grandkids? involved. I have 2 daughters and 4 grandkids playing with me as well as a friend and her 3 sons.....couldn't get any better than that, well maybe.................................BO.........................

Hi Paul
My wife bought me a Mahalo U-351 last summer from Hammicker Schlemmer and paid $160 (a gift). Mine had white friction tuners and this one has black tuners that they claim are planetary (which I would doubt for that price). It is in fact a solid Mahogany top and Koa laminate sided and mine was constructed well. The action out of box leaves alot to be desired but a trip to my local music shop and $15 later for a decent set up, it plays wonderfully and is improving with age. The case is a nice sturdy, fairly well padded case too. I didn't bother with the DVD so cant review that. In hindsight I would pay $60 for it. (not the $160 my wife did though but we won't tell her that!)

Thread closed, item no longer available . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom