PDA

View Full Version : How did you find Ukulele Underground?

Jack
09-19-2008, 05:53 PM
Everyone's has a different story!

So how did you guys find Ukuleleunderground.com?

Put your story HERE!

Jack
09-19-2008, 05:56 PM
I found it when i looked on youtube and found a featured video called "Luff Song" I clicked on it and noticed in the "related videos" something called "Love Song" and i clicked on it. Turns out it was aldrines video. I got hooked on him playing it, then i found UU.

I've been hooked ever since!

SeanKy671
09-19-2008, 06:26 PM
Haha this seems like it'd be a fun thread :D

but yeah how did i come across such an amazing site??
I started off on youtube when i heard aldrine play sunday morning for the first time
Second i heard him play summer breeze i was amazed by his playing (also watched davoomac's tutorial not knowing who he was at the time) i immediately started watching many of aldrine's videos and I eventually went to iamhawaii.com only to become disapointed by all the JAPANESE writing everywhere!! :mad: well, i came across ukulele underground a little later and now i can finally live.. :)

does anybody actually remember how the LINK to ukulele underground came up??
i kno I don't but that's my story on finding aldrine.. :/

Poi Dog
09-19-2008, 07:23 PM
I found Ukulele Underground when I noticed that Aldrine, Rayan and Danyo weren't on IamHawaii.Com anymore. :D

thejumpingflea
09-19-2008, 07:25 PM
Google

:D

remy
09-19-2008, 08:07 PM
I think seeso had a mention of it on his youtube. I was enthralled with his work, so I had to go have a look. I still get really excited when I have seeso sightings on this forum! He's really good!!!!

kyle
09-19-2008, 08:09 PM
I've been keeping up with these guys since the IamHawaii days

freedive135
09-19-2008, 08:12 PM
I was reading posts on EZfolk the day I got my first Ukulele not long ago and they were talking about this guy doing video lessons on IamHawaii.com and how great they were but they were not putting up new ones.

Someone else posted how that guy was now doing lessons on a site called.....

jqrcaliman
09-19-2008, 08:45 PM
i remember seeing aldrine on an i'm yours video first when jason mraz first came out with the song. then im on the same page as the guys that started with iamhawaii. then no more new videos were being made and i found a vid on youtube saying that there was going to be ukuleleunderground. then i just waited until they put it up. sik! i love this site.

SaxManiac100
09-19-2008, 09:21 PM
Googled "ukulele forums"

seeso
09-19-2008, 09:27 PM
I, like many of you, came here strictly because Aldirine Guerrero had mentioned it on his YouTube channel.

I found it when i looked on youtube and found a featured video called "Luff Song" I clicked on it and noticed in the "related videos" something called "Love Song" and i clicked on it. Turns out it was aldrines video. I got hooked on him playing it, then i found UU.

I've been hooked ever since!

Luff Song?!? That's my friend Lucylou! She went to college here in Chicago. She's amazing. Check out her comics, you won't be dissapointed.

http://stoppayingattention.com/

ricdoug
09-19-2008, 09:33 PM
...also in this thread:

http://ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2329

UkuLeLesReggAe
09-20-2008, 01:17 AM
i found it from aldrines video thing

Ukulele JJ
09-20-2008, 05:48 AM
Someone mentioned it on the Flea Market Music board (which is also board of good, helpful folks, but the software is pretty cruddy).

JJ

upskydowncloud
09-20-2008, 07:20 AM
I was looking at the Jack Johnson tutorial for Better Together made by Davoomac and he mentioned the site because his tabs were there.

ichadwick
09-20-2008, 07:57 AM
So how did you guys find Ukuleleunderground.com?

Tasty, but in need of a touch of hot sauce!

Jack
09-20-2008, 09:07 AM
...also in this thread:

Oh haha i had no idea. Just thought of it and thought i would post a thread. My bad.

Howlin Hobbit
09-20-2008, 09:19 AM
I took a left at Albuquerque.

...also in this thread:

Yeah. I thought this one had been done before.

VengefulTikiGod
09-20-2008, 11:56 AM
I think seeso had a mention of it on his youtube. I was enthralled with his work, so I had to go have a look. I still get really excited when I have seeso sightings on this forum! He's really good!!!!

I think that's roughly my path here too, I think he might have had a link I clicked on. That guy is all kinds of awesome.

benmealer
09-20-2008, 03:10 PM
I think it would be hard to not find it if you're looking for ukulele stuff on the web.:cool:

ichadwick
09-21-2008, 10:18 AM
I took a left at Albuquerque.

The famous John Lennon quip: when asked in the US "How do you find America?", he replied, "Turn left at Greenland."

Howlin Hobbit
09-22-2008, 07:47 AM
The famous John Lennon quip: when asked in the US "How do you find America?", he replied, "Turn left at Greenland."

True. But I was riffing on Bugs Bunny.

Digital SQRATCH
09-22-2008, 11:41 AM
i found it from aldrines video thing

quoted for truth...! :rock:thats how i got here

VK18
09-22-2008, 11:50 AM
I found about his site when I was at a Jake show in DC and I met some fellow uke players and almost all of them were members and they referred me here, particularly Ron<>VA.

uke142464
09-22-2008, 01:53 PM
i watched some of aldrines videos and found the april contest (too late to enter unfortunately) but I joined the forums but couldnt enter cause I didnt have my uke yet but I started posting and got addicted - 400 some posts later, about to buy 3rd ukulele for b-day (fluke tenor):D

uke142464
09-22-2008, 01:53 PM
I found about his site when I was at a Jake show in DC and I met some fellow uke players and almost all of them were members and they referred me here, particularly Ron<>VA.

hey, i recomended it too... barely lol:p glad you joined us

beanwz
09-23-2008, 09:56 AM
wanted buy a uke, so needed to do some research, google'd ukulele forum and this is what came up. it was a good find

hawaiianmusiclover06
09-23-2008, 10:33 AM
I googled ukulele websites...

Ukuleleblues
09-23-2008, 01:51 PM
I used to belong to another Group on Yahoo that never posted anything. So I asked if there was a Blog, site with active members anyone could recommend and someone responded with this site. I deeped sixed my member ship with them and now really like the enthsiasm of the folks here.

haole
09-23-2008, 02:39 PM
I was googling uke strings and found a very informative forum post that answered all of my questions. Since then, I've been a fan of the search function. ;) Then I discovered how great the rest of the site is. Seriously, my playing improved more in the last month than it did in the three or four years before it as a result of the video lessons. :o

UkuleleHill
09-23-2008, 10:36 PM
Youtube video posted by Seeso before the first open mike...

UkuLeLesReggAe
09-23-2008, 10:39 PM
^havnt seen u around in a while.

UkuleleHill
09-23-2008, 10:43 PM
^havnt seen u around in a while.

I've been trolling lately... Its been extreamly busy round here lately so I have been popping on when I can reading some posts and leaving... Things have slowed down now thankfully... :D

Kaneohe til the end
09-23-2008, 10:54 PM
my teacher reccomended me, she is the girl on the last track on aldrine's cd.:D lucky

14twelve
09-24-2008, 12:30 AM
I found Aldrine's videos on YouTube, and then found UU through that. :D

UkuCouS
09-24-2008, 01:23 AM
I saw an Aldrine's video on YT talking about UU, but I was also folowing Ryan and Aldrine on IAH

pwnoman
09-24-2008, 04:46 PM
My cousin and I saw Aldrine play Zelda on youtube, so we followed his link for lessons to Iamhawaii so we made accounts on the site and watched and learned several lessons. My first Aldirine lesson that I learned from was you don't miss your water :p. Then we just moved to ukuleleunderground when we saw that Aldrine did and have been here ever since. :)

Misguided Musician
09-24-2008, 04:56 PM
Like a majority have said: "Saw it on YT".

Jack
12-04-2008, 05:25 PM
Like a majority have said: "Saw it on YT".

haha oh yess thats definitly true
i was lucky i found him too, i heard about the uke but never knew anyone plays it like Aldrine does, it's crazy.
Just remember by the time Aldrine becomes the next Jason Mraz/Jack Johnson, we can brag that we know him or knew him from the beggining.

grappler
12-04-2008, 05:54 PM
i found this site when Aldrine and Ryan first brought it up the idea in October last year.
I remember them Talking about it and promoting the Grand opening through Youtube!

I've been getting tabs from Dom's website (http://www.dominator.ukeland.com)

Since i started playing I always admire the way Dom played. Always dreamed to even chat to Aldrine. Watching his "Zelda" youtube clip every day and always think "this guys is frekn awesome" Ever since this site had open lived i got the chance to be friends with Dom, Aldrine and also make awesome friends online who share the same passion.!

Its so good to see so many people in this community. people from Australia, France, USA all the way to Germany! Last year i didn't think that i would ever chat to Aldrine or even Dom. But this site has given me that opportunity to. I am so grateful. This site has given the opportunity to so many ppl to meet other ukers,

I know the Admin of UU would say they couldn't have done it without us, But let me assure you.. We wouldn't have been here if you guys didn't create wonderful community!

Thanks guys

B!rch
12-04-2008, 07:13 PM
A friend of mine who used the site :) recommended me

BluesDrive
12-04-2008, 07:23 PM
I saw a video of Seeso's a little while ago and went to google any tabs. The googling eventually led me here.

bryan
12-04-2008, 11:24 PM
I found it via the Facebook uke group.
Never yet managed to be awake to see the lessons "live" so I tend to watch them at w*rk.

Dont tell anyone though

nikolo727
12-05-2008, 06:36 PM
Wow it took me a while to remember lol. But here is my story.(and it is a suprisingly short story considering, my huge and non stopping, gabbing, mouth)

I saw one of Aldrines videos on youchooob.
I saw the link for UU.
I clicked it.
And then joined the family.
I am living happier since then.

:D