Best strings for KoAloha soprano??

Which strings do you use with your KoAloha Soprano?

• Worth Brown or Clear Light

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Worth Brown Med

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Worth Brown Hard

• Worth Clear Med

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Worth Clear Hard

• Fremont Blackline Med

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Fremont Blackline Hard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aquila Nylgut (or any other Aquila string)

• Martin M600

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Other

• Total voters

bynapkinart

Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone things in case someone needs a string change in the future and wants to know which way they should go.

If possible, explain why you like your choice of strings and what effect you feel they had on your uke or playing!

Thanks!

EDIT: I know that there are a lot of Worth options, but there seems to be a lot of debate about which Worth works better for different reasons, so I figured I'd give as many people as possible their platform to explain why they play the strings they play :) Don't feel self-conscious if you chose your string for looks, either...

Last edited:
I prefer Worth Clear light. They are so soft to touch and feel like the koaloha soprano. I think the sound will be the right blend of bass, treble and bright, as it should be.

I find that worth clear hard has so much bright, and koaloha soprano is already full of bright tones.

I prefer Worth Clear light. They are so soft to touch and feel like the koaloha soprano. I think the sound will be the right blend of bass, treble and bright, as it should be.

I find that worth clear hard has so much bright, and koaloha soprano is already full of bright tones.

How does the volume hold up?

ok I will be that guy. koaloha strings maybe? lol. Having said that, worth brown or fremonts. Hard on either.

I stick with the Worth brown medium tenor. They deliver that certain midrange punch I prefer in my Soprano.

Top Bottom